"You've got a really good eye for detail, that's a good sign," Ignus said and I raised an eyebrow as I began filling bowls again.

"I think that's normal... for a vet," I said, shaking my head, "And what does that even mean?"

"Tell me, Auden, do I smell like a werewolf?" He asked and I turned to face him. I sniffed the air and sighed as I turned around and set the cans down on a table.

"No, you don't," I said as I opened the cans up and distributed them into the spare bowls we had.

"I think you only smell like one because you've lived with them for so long," Ignus said with a shrug as he watched me work. His brown and green eyes staring at me – I cleared my throat.

"So you're telling me I'm a different kind of werewolf?" I asked as I took the bowls and placed them in the proper cages.

"Good. You understand, partially. That makes things easier." I stood up and looked over at him. I stared into his eyes, trying my best to judge his character.

"You know... if you stare any more than that, I might think you actually like me," he said and I sighed before running a hand through my hair.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked. "And please don't say anything freaky." Ignus smiled.

"I'd like you to meet me regularly – tell your Alpha if you'd like, though I doubt he'd respond well. He might just kill me... But I'd very much like to inform you of your abilities, what you are- your friend was right when she asked about how an Alpha could birth a human-"

"Hold on... You heard that? That was after we met you..."

"I tracked you. No worries, I didn't bother spiraling into your mate's territory. I wouldn't like to get jumped by a bunch of werewolves, no matter how confident I am," he said with a shrug, smiling at me. "Would you agree to my... mentoring?"

"There's no reason for me to really trust you – and Lucien would never let me go, he suspects you too much of-"

"Of what? What did I possibly do?"

"How about stalking me? Creepily visiting me at my workplace? Leaving a weird note in my contacts? Paying my sister for information? Those things aren't exactly trustworthy material."

"Then it's a good thing I only aim to gain your trust. I care very little for Umbra and its supposedly rare breed of werewolf – we're not human Auden. But if you'd like to remain an ignorant 'human' under the wing of her Alpha... then be my guest," Ignus said, saying the word human as if it was a disgusting thing.

"Not that there's anything wrong with my little ignorant human life, Ignus, but if we aren't human -then what are we?" I asked.

"Tell me, Auden, what creatures do you think exist outside the mundane world of humans?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The usual array, werewolves, witches, vampires... those are the only ones I hear of," I said. Not that we meet many of them or any outliers for that matter...

"And say I call these creatures, 'species'... which one would we fit under?"

"Well, if we aren't werewolves, we've only got witches and vampires, and I can tell you that I'm neither of those two," I said, folding my arms over my chest. Ignus smiled.

"Exactly," A phone rang and I watched as Ignus reached into his pockets, pulling out his phone. "I will wait for you tomorrow, if you choose not to appear, I will take it as a rejection of my offer and a... decision of yours to be the... 'human' mate you believe you are."