Chapter 25

It was a race against time. He needed to do all he could to save her. He knew all he could to save her. He knew whatbhe needed to do. He needed to return to Magdalena in order to save her. He needed to find Elle, the fairy of healing. He didn't care about what he had to do to save her. He was willing to risk his life again to save her.

  He rushed into the forest hoping that Elle will return the favour. Luckily, he was able to find the village of light. "Amitiel, where are you?" he called with urgency in his in his tone. Titania immediately flew out of her castle and hovered to the side of Zachary as he lay Katherine on the soft blanket of snow. "Where is Elle?" he yelled " I need her to heal Katherine. Her life is in danger!"

  Out of nowhere, a fairy with the bluest of eyes and whitest of hair came forth. Corncern pierced through her sapphire eyes. "What is the matter?" she asked "You need to heal her," he answered "She took a knife through the stomach. I'm afraid that she has a few hours to live," "What does that have to do with me?" she asked blankly "You're the fairy of healing,Elle. Please save he," he whispered with tears streaming down his cheeks. "I have no concern with a peasant. She can just die. I don't care," she said proudly as she turned away from him.

  "You owe me, Elle!" he shouted. She immediately stopped in place as if she was frozen. "I protected you," he continued "and this entire village. I gave of being the fairy of death for you. I became a mortal. A human and gave up all my powers just so that man won't destroy this village and hurt you. I gave up everything because of your foolishness. I became his prisoner for four years until he let me go and let me live my life as pirate two years ago. It was the same man who stabbed Katherine, Elle" Elle's eyes softened as a flashback came to memory. She remembered the man. He wanted to kill her and use her magic for his own purpose. Because of Zachary, she was alive today.

  "Alright, I'll heal her, " she murmured. Hope filled Zachary's eyes when she told him that. She created a ball of light with her hands and placed it on Katherine's stomach. Not long after she began coughing up blood as she was finally able to breathe again. Sge thought she was a goner. She couldn't believe she was alive. When you looked at Zachary she thought she saw what seemed like wings made of black light at his back but a minute after it wasn't there anymore so she thought she was imagining it. She hugged Zachary tightly and didn't let go. Not even when the tears started falling.

  Zachary smiled at Elle as he hugged and comforted Katherine. "Thank you."