Chapter 19

I'm surprised to say that Luke and I actually enjoyed a pretty nice meal together. Well, leaving out the parts when my kitchen family would peer out from behind the counter, or through the kitchen door, or check on customers so they could spy on us. And then there was Drew who took the time to hand out walky-talkies to the crew and would update them on everything.

But I guess I should look on the bright-side. I got to learn more about Luke. He is actually a lot smarter than I thought he was. Apparently he has a history with science and aspires to be a doctor, or as he says, if it doesn't work out he will settle for an actor. And that's the other thing, he likes doing artsy stuff! He really wasn't lying when he said he was in my chorus class! He actually enjoys singing and acting. Which, is definitely not something you would originally picture him doing.

We both ordered the same things which sparked up a long conversation about things we love, which we had a lot in common.

But the strange thing, is that We never let go of one-another's hands.

And...I don't think...I wanted to. It's a strange thing to say, that someone who you absolutely hated can become someone you don't mind spending time with. Granted they may still annoy you to death, cause you bestfriend to endlessly want you guys together, and your parents to believe you are dating, but that doesn't mean they are a bad person right?

"So...are you ready for the surprise now?" Luke asked a timid smile appearing on his face.

"Absolutely!"

This "surprise" has been somewhat bothering me all evening. I just can't help but try to figure out surprises when they are thrown at me. Just the thrill and excitement of the unknown can really get to my head sometimes.

Countless times I have used my so called "gift" to wriggle the surprise out of people. Depending on the person I will bat my eyelashes, throw a pouting lip out, or give reasons and bargain my way through. And possibly if it's a harder person I am working on, I will do my evasive maneuver. Which in a simple definition; I talk on and off tangent bringing up the topic of the surprise occasionally until I catch the person off guard into saying what I want to hear.

Basically I would make a great pirate.

When Luke called for the bill, Drew said he would cover the costs. I hugged Sally goodbye and told her I might come in to start work earlier than scheduled. Then we proceeded to step out into the evening light while Luke tied a blindfold over my eyes.

Now everybody I have ever talked to, and any story i've ever read has made out getting a blindfold put on them to be romantic and alluring. But no. It is scary and I was panicking the whole time. In a total count kept by Luke, I apparently accused him of kidnapping me seven times. And theorized how this entire time from the moment he started talking to me he was simply leading up to this moment. This one moment in time where he gets me into a vulnerable state and pushed me off a bridge or something. But he kept claiming he isn't a cereal killer.

Not only was that comment off topic but I highly doubt it.

He has to have eaten cereal at some point in his....

Oh wait.

Maybe he meant serial killer. That would make so much more sense.

"Oh! Serial killer! ot cereal killer!" I said hitting my forehead.

"Yes what about it- you thought I meant cereal killer as in the breakfast. Didn't you?" He laughed squeezing my shoulder while he guided me.

"Psssh no!.....Maybe.....Okay yeah."

"You're weird." He scoffed.

"You're weirder." I retorted.

We walked on a little farther and my anxious feelings grew stronger. I couldn't help myself. I just had to know what the surprise was. It was killing me to know that I could possible weasel my way to the truth behind his plans.