Chapter 4 - A New Place, A New Start, A New Life

We get out the plane and the heat hits me "wow" I say, tyler nods "you'll love it here. Where you belong." I smile and we get a taxi to his apartment. We walk inside and I gawp at his style. it's AMAZING.

He drags me into the front room and sits me down on the sofa "well today all the people I were talking about are coming round then tomorrow we are going shopping and I'm buying you the clothes you need" I smile "you don't need to get me any-" I start "shush! Yes I do!" Tyler rolls his eyes "do you know about me?" He asks, I shake my head "I'm gay" I raise my eyebrows "oh um er" to be honest I don't know how to reply to that. He laughs "I just thought you needed to know" I nod and lay back. "I'm so happy you're my sister" Tyler blurts out, I smile "I'm happy you're my brother" I reply. And for the first time in forever, a genuine smile appears on my face. Suddenly a knock on the door makes me jump up. Tyler looks at me curiously "ok there?" He asks, I breathe out in relief and relax. He nods and walks out the room. I hear Tyler's high pitched voice and another two. Soon he comes back in with two men. They both smile at me "have you turned straight tyler?" A boy with stunning blue eyes asks in an Australian mixed accent, tyler laughs "guys! This is my sister Amanda!" They both gasp "sister?!" The other man asks, he has brown hair and pearly white teeth "long lost sister!" He replies, I look at all of them "um I'm here you know?" I say, they all stop gawping at me "I'm Joey!" The brown haired boy says excitedly, flashing his brights smile at me, I smile and accept his hug, the other boy steps closer to me "I'm Troye!" He also hugs me and I look at them both shyly, feeling slightly insecure and uncomfortable in front of the new people. "Are you ok?" Joey asks, I don't reply, my lungs suddenly tight with no room to breathe, Tyler looks at me with concern "Amanda?" I feel my small legs collapse but I'm grabbed by Joey. I feel myself drifting away. The last thing I hear is Tyler's faint call.

Tyler's POV

I look at her small fragile body in Joeys arms "Amanda!" I shout, she doesn't reply and I start panicking "it's fine! She's just having a minor panic attack and fainted. Maybe she's feeling anxious or overwhelmed or dehydrated... Do you know any of her past experiences?" Joey says, I look at him shocked "I don't know" he places her on my sofa and puts his hand on her head. "She's really hot" he takes off her jumper and we all gasp. All over her arms is fresh and old bruises, cuts and scars. "Someone did this to her" he says, I crouch down near her and take her arm in my hand "she's so skinny" I say. Troye walks over in shock. While Joey continues to stare at her body. "Stop" I whisper, they both look at me in sympathy. "Let's leave her" I drag them out the room and leave her curled up comfortably on the sofa.

Amanda's POV

I wake up with a pounding head. What happened? I slowly stand up and look around the new room, for a split second forgetting where I am. I stand up slowly and stumble out the room. I listen to the sounds of voices and follow them. I find myself opening a door and the first thing I notice is posters of boys covering the walls "what the fu- I mean why is there so many posters of them?!" I motion towards the pictures, all of the boys stare at me. After 30 seconds of silence "um it's one direction" Tyler says, I frown "i know. Not a fan" Tyler and Troye both look at me and gasp, Tyler's so enthusiastic he almost drops his laptop on the floor "girl! You don't know know talent!" Troye says "I think you're the one who doesn't know talent" I reply, they all complain and I roll my eyes, Joey looks at me and chuckles, obviously not fazed. I walk more into the room and sit down next to Tyler. He goes to put his arm round me and I flinch "wow chill girl!" He says, I relax and watch him scroll through something "what are you on?" I ask "twitter" he replies, I frown. "I don't get it" i state, he looks at me and shakes his head "how are you my sister?" He asks me, I shrug and chuckle "it's a social media website, you can put things on here in 140 characters and can tweet people and yeah it's cool" he says, I nod, still completely confused "fans fangirling" Tyler mutters, he scrolls through lots of replies to him "fans?" I ask, he face palms "how many questions Amanda!?" I look down "oh um sorry" I say "no no I didn't mean it in a bad way!" He says, I nod "well fangirling is when a fan freaks out basically" he says, I nod. Tyler freezes on the spot "Oh. My. God" he says, we all turn to him. He jumps up and I catch the laptop before it falls on the floor. I place it on the bed "ELLEN JUST FREAKING TWEETED ME" he shouts, he dances about and freaks out "is that what fangirling is like?" I ask, he stops "y-yeah I guess so" Troye hugs tyler "well done! Oh my god" he says, tyler grabs the laptop and I watch him read the tweet over and over again "where's my room?" I ask, a yawn escaping my lips "there" Tyler points down the hall shakily, not bothering to look, Joey stands up "I'll take you there" he says, I follow him down the hall and he opens a door to a simple room "thanks" I say, he smiles at me "it's fine" he stays there for a while then walks off. I close the door and collapse on my bed with a sigh.