Chapter 29 - Drama in New York Part 1

19th December 2014

"It's snowing!" Joe shouts, I jump out of bed and look out the hotel window "wow" I say, looking at the white blanket already setting on the streets of New York. "We have to go out today!" He says excitedly "yes later, considering it is 7:30 in the morning over here" I laugh, he shrugs and gets back into bed.

We arrived yesterday and all everyone has done is sleep. Today we're going to have a couple day, tomorrow everyone's going to prepare for the wedding and then obviously it's the actual wedding.

"I'm so excited for today!" Joe says, putting his arm round me "me too" I smile. He stands up quickly "I just need to go and talk to Tan and Jim about my wedding speech. I'll be back in a minute" he smiles, I nod and he leaves me alone in our room.

The past two months has been amazing. I've felt safe and had so many opportunities. Like being on TV and in magazines. Me and Joe have became even closer too.

After what feels like forever, Joe comes back in with a smile on his face "let's order some breakfast and then we can go out" he says, we both order pancakes, big ones at that! And eat them before getting ready and going.

"It's so beautiful here!" I say, looking around at the snow settling on everything "I know" Joe smiles, he takes my hand in his "your hands are freezing!" He says, I laugh and he brings my hand up to his face and kisses it, his warm hand still holding mine. "I love you" I say "I love you too" he smiles.

"Let's go in here!" I say excitedly as we see a huge toy shop. I drag Joe inside and look at all the toys in awe "I wish I knew a kid to buy presents for" Joe laughs and I decide to scare him "well, you do now" I mutter, he frowns "what?" He asks "Joe.. You're gonna be a dad" I say, holding in my laugh, he looks shocked and scared "uh I um" he stutters, I burst into laughter and he raises an eyebrow "I'm not pregnant you idiot" I laugh, he let's go of my hand which he was grasping moments before "bitch!" He says, I punch him in the arm and laugh again "who pranked me and Caspar in October?" I ask, he smirks slightly, remembering the traumatic pranks he did over Halloween.

*FLASHBACK*
I open my eyes and put my hand next to me to find no Joe. I grab my phone to see it's exactly 3am. In fear of something bad happening I slowly get out of bed and turn my phone torch on so I can see the stairs.

I go up there to see nothing "Joe?" I whisper, I walk further forward and see something on the floor. I shine my torch to see what looks like blood "what the.." I trail off when I see Joe's body next to it. I find myself screaming and i collapse next to him. There's a laugh and I look up to see a clown "oh my god!" I scream, backing away from it "what's happening- what the fuck!" Caspar says, seeing the clown and Joe, he runs next to me and grabs my hand, pulling me off the floor. He pulls me with him into the kitchen and grabs a knife, keeping me behind him "leave us alone!" He shouts, going near the clown, knife pointed at him. The clown quickly takes off his mask to reveal Jim "Jim! What the hell did you do to Joe?!" Caspar shouts, I find tears running down my face and quickly wipe them away. Caspar's still holding my hand, pushing me behind him. He holds the knife closer and Jim jumps back "it's a joke!" Jim says, Joe quickly jumps up and joins in "I'm alive! It's okay" he says, looking at Caspar then me. I sniffle and wipe away a tear rolling down my face "you're such a dick!" I shout, still holding Caspar's hand. Joe hugs me quickly and I hug him back "happy Halloween" he chuckles, rubbing my back and making me feel calm "happy shut-the-fuck-up Joe" I fake smile, pulling away from him and storming away "fuck you Joe" caspar says, following me.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

"That was funny" Joe mutters "not for me, I had nightmares for weeks afterwards" I say, shuddering. He kisses my temple and I roll my eyes, dragging him into an isle full of different toys.