Chapter 16- Fear

So Aiden decided to stay over for a while and mom's really cool with it. She adores him, he's basically the son she's never had and she has welcomed him with open arms.

And me? Well, open legs.

Just kidding.

We're in my room watching something on Netflix that I'm really not paying attention to because I'm playing in Aiden's hair. Our legs are a tangled mess on the bed, his head is on my chest and my hands in the smooth silkiness that is his hair.

We're having a pretty merry time when his phone rings.

"Hello." I'm not paying attention to the voice on the other line but I feel Aiden's body stiffen against mine. He pulls away from me and walks through the door.

That was weird but I'm not particularly nosey today so I stay in my position in the bed.

Three minutes later he re-enters the room, his hair pretty ruffled due to him running his hand through it a lot. I give him a quizzical look, silently trying to figure out what's wrong and if he's planning to tell me.

I slowly lift my body off the bed, "Aiden what's wrong?"

He looks up at me and I see...

Tears?!

What the f-

"Bionca I-"

Aiden's sentence gets cut off by a loud bang downstairs. It sounds like my front door being busted open. "What the fuck?" I finally get my thought out.

I see his pale face right then and I know something's wrong.

Aiden immediately jumps over to grab me and pulls me into the bathroom and locks the door. I look at him frantically wondering what the hell is happening. "Bionca my dad, he's pissed or something,"-he runs his hands over his face,-"I don't what he's planning to do but I won't let him hurt you ok? I won't." He whisper shouts.

"Hurt me? What's happening Aiden?" I whisper shout back to him. I'm more annoyed than scared at the moment. Why would his dad want to hurt me?

From the bathroom I can hear footsteps ascending the stairs and I instantly get that unmistakable feeling in the pit of my stomach..

Fear.

Whatever it is going to happen, I'm not going to be a wuss about it. I glance around the room looking for something I can use as a weapon.

Haha!

I look at Aiden and pull him down to kiss him with all I've got. He responds and I pull away looking into his eyes, "Protect me and I'll protect you." I whisper to him. I grab my weapon and make myself scarce behind the door. Aiden follows behind me.

Right then I hear door to my room open and my heartbeat quickens. My legs start shaking with fear. Who ever is out there walks around my room, slowly scanning I guess. I silently unlock the bathroom door and wait.

The footsteps make their way over to my bathroom and stop. My hands start shaking and I do a silent prayer hoping that we'll all be okay.

It's pretty early and mom won't be home soon so thankfully she won't be in any danger.

The bathroom door opens very slowly and I look at Aiden and motion what I'm going to do.

It's obviously a man and before he can turn around I swing my hand back and then forward with all the force I could muster and hit him over the head with my blow dryer. He instantly collapses and I waste no time in leaving the room.

Aiden however, is now standing over the man inspecting him.

"Aiden what are you doing? Come on!" I stare at him weirdly.

I grab my phone and keys and Aiden finally leaves the bathroom, "That is definitely one of my father's men. We have to get out of here now. Call mom and tell her not to come home. Tell her you'll be safe and you'll explain later. I'm going out there to check, stay." 

Okay not a request.

I look at the man laying in the bathroom, "What if he wakes up?"

He glances at him, "I believe he won't for a while."

I notice Aiden's behavior has changed slightly. His jaw is tense and he seems a bit more alert now. Like, he's come out of shock and is ready for anything. For war.

I call my mom and tell her as Aiden had said. She's freaking out but I tell her not to worry, I'll be fine.

Minutes later Aiden comes back up. He ushers me to make my way downstairs and I don't protest. The sooner I'm out of here, the better.

"I don't see any men out on the street so maybe he's sent only one to do whatever it is he was planning."

I feel my palms start to sweat and I can't help but feel lightheaded. But I know I need to get it together. "Aiden... Who was on the phone?"

He held on to my hand leading me out of the house to the car, my front door is busted open and unable to lock. I just leave, not knowing if I'll be able to return and I have this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I think I'm going to throw up.

After we both get in the car, he decides to answer my question. "It was my dad.. He told me that I should've died that day and that I was just a painful memory, a nuisance but death would be too easy for me. He wants to see me suffer and"- he glanced at me -" that's by taking you away from me."

I felt my heart skip a beat and not for the good reasons. I had to be strong. I reached over and squeezed his hand. "We're going to be fine."

"I hope so." He kissed my palm and I felt reassured. That was until a car came from the right side of the intersection and rammed straight into our car, on my side and I couldn't even react. The last thing I saw was Aiden's head bashing against his window and then everything went black.

********************************

EDITED JULY 18, 2018.

Well, oh my. What do you think will happen next?

Vote, Comment, Recommend 😊❤

Xo.

San