• Scooter Gennett • Requested

Requested by: @DodgerGirlx

Tris' POV:

Scooter and I have been together for two years and we managed to work it out even with long distance at times. I didn't want to get in the way of baseball because I knew that was what he loved doing .

But lately things were just not working out, things seemed off. Like I would go to his games and he seemed to not mind much if I was there or not. I asked him a few times what's wrong but he would say he was fine, which I knew was a lie.

He always liked to show his love to me but he wasn't lately and I was getting tired of it. When I was at one of his games that they had won I went up to him and hugged him but he moved away. He had gotten a ride here so I had to drive him back.

The ride home was silent I didn't even try anymore. We got home and he went straight to shower and I went to change into pjs to go to bed. He didn't say anything to me and just went to sleep after.

The next morning he just told me good morning and said he was going out with a friend to get breakfast. I decided to stay home and just chill. I was gonna make myself some breakfast when I started to feel nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and threw up, I made myself some tea hoping it was just a stomach flu.

A couple of days had gone by and things just got worse. He didn't wanna touch me and barely even talked to me. Scooter had a game today but I didn't go because I wasn't feeling good still and he would just ignore me anyways.

So when he got home I just decided to go my own way. I told him "Why have you been acting like this lately?" "What do you mean?" He tried acting like he didn't know what was going on.

"You know exactly what I mean. You've been ignoring me and don't wanna be near me anymore. Do you not love me?"
"Look right now I just want to focus on my baseball career. So I think it would be best if we just went our own ways."
It looked like he wanted to say something else but instead he just stood there quietly waiting for me to say something.
"Ok, well if that's what you want then I'll leave."
I wanted to tell him how much I loved him and cared about him but that was all I managed to say. I started tearing up and went to go pack my things, because we lived together.

After I packed my things I called my best friend and asked if I could stay at her place and she said yeah. I drove there and told her everything that had happened and she pulled me into a hug.

A couple of weeks have passed since we broke up and I was a complete mess. My friends tried to take me out to cheer me up but it didn't work. I was living with my best friend and she was out and I was thinking how I hadn't gotten my period so I took a pregnancy test.

I was scared because if it was positive I didn't want to be raising this kid alone. I waited a few minutes and looked at it. I was in the bathroom and when I saw it I didn't know what to feel, I just sat on the floor. I cried and then my best friend came in and saw me and I explained everything.

She told me that it was right for Scooter to know. I didn't want to at first but she ended up convincing me. So here I was calling Scooter, deep down I wanted to because I still loved him but I knew he didn't care about me.

He answered and I said "Uhh, hello? Scooter?"
I tried to sound like I wasn't crying but it wasn't working.
"Are you ok? What's wrong?"
He was still the caring guy I met.
" Can we meet? We need to talk, it's important."
"Yeah sure. Starbucks at 4?"
"Uhh actually can you come over to Y/B/N's house?"
"Sure just send me the address I'll be there."
My best friend left to leave us alone to talk.
Minutes later I heard a knock on the door and I opened it and it was him. He looked as handsome as always.

We sat down and I told him that I was pregnant and he just sat there showing no emotions. After a couple of minutes of sitting there in silence he spoke up and said "Look, I didn't break up with you because I stopped loving you. Because trust me I still love you and I can't stop thinking about you and I really regret what I did, but I was scared. I was scared that I was gonna lose you to someone better than me."

I felt so bad, if only I knew how he really felt I would've stayed by his side.

Scooter's POV:
I broke up with Tris because I was scared that someone better was gonna come in her life and I would lose her. So I thought it would be a good idea to let her go, but it was the worst thing ever.

I couldn't sleep well, I was playing really bad. So when she called me I felt like I still had a chance. She told me that she needed to tell me something important so I went over to her best friends house, where she was staying.

Once I got there I noticed that she was crying and I got worried. We sat down and she told me that she was pregnant. I didn't know how to react, I just sat there in silence, thinking of what to say.

I finally told her why I broke up with her and she was moving closer to me and I told her "Tris, can we give it another chance? I want to be a part of my child's life and be with you."
She sat there trying to soak everything in when she finally nodded.

I knew I couldn't take this for granted so I pulled her in for a long, passionate kiss. I couldn't believe it, I got the love of my life back and I'm going to be a father.

We pulled away to get some air and I told her "I love you Tris and I love you too baby." We both leaned in for another kiss.