• Josh Donaldson • Requested

Requested by: @KayKay077199
Kayla's POV:
After been away from home for a long time I was finally going back. I'm in the army and that's a completely different experience, I loved it but it was hard being away from everyone.

My family knew that I was coming back but my boyfriend, Josh Donaldson didn't. While I was away we would FaceTime and all that but it wasn't the same. I was planning a surprise for him that's why I didn't let him know I was coming back.

I was planning on throwing the first pitch out to him. His family also knew I was coming back so they helped me with my plan.

My parents picked me up from the airport and we headed home. They told me how Josh wasn't the same as when I was here. He was playing good but not his best.

They were having their game home tomorrow and today they were coming back from their past game series they had away. So that helped, so he won't see me around because he didn't know any of this.

I had talked to his manager and everything was set for tomorrow's game. I've know him for a while, ever since Josh and I started dating. He approved and said as long as he stays focused on the game its fine.

I enjoyed today to get things ready and rest since I've been so busy and stressed out. I also made reservations at his favorite restaurant, so we could go there after the game and spend time together.

Finally, it was the day I had been waiting for. I've been wanting to see him for the longest time. He tried to FaceTime me but I told him that I couldn't so I made an excuse so that he won't find out I'm back.

I'm now getting ready to head to the game. I was doing my makeup and then got dressed. I made my way over to the stadium and tried to avoid being where Josh would be so he wouldn't see me yet.

It was now time for me to throw the pitch so I made my way over to the pitcher's mound. He was making his way over to the catchers area and I was about to start crying my eyes out right there.

He didn't see me at first because he was getting into his game mode. And when he finally looked up he stood there like he was frozen. Seconds later he ran up to me and picked me up. He spun me around before putting me back down and kissing me so hard.

"I've missed you so much. I love you"
He kissed me again.
"I love you too."

He made his way back and I threw the ball, and let me say it wasn't so bad.

Josh's POV:
I've been missing Kayla like crazy, she's been gone for months and I still didn't know when she was coming back.

I really needed her here with me, I love how she's always so understanding and always knows how to cheer me up. I haven't been playing my best, and my teammates always try to cheer me it does make me feel a little better sometimes.

So now that we're back home, we're having our first game back home. I was supposed to catch someone's first pitch, I wasn't told who it was going to be.

As I was making my way to the field to catch the pitch I tried to get in my game mode. I looked up to see who it was and there she was standing.

I couldn't believe she was here, this girl liked to surprise me. It was the best one ever, I ran up to her and spun her around. We kissed and I told her how much I missed her and loved her.

She told me the same and I went back to my place and she threw the first pitch. I was pretty proud of my girl that was a pretty good one.

After the game she told me we were going to my favorite restaurant. We spend the whole night talking and we went out for a walk around the city.

We went back to my apartment and watched movies and cuddled. I missed this so much but I was happy to have her back. "I love you " is all she said before falling asleep.

I kissed her forehead "I love you too Kayla"