Chapter 28.

The first thing I did this morning was get a bath and put on some clean clothes. I put my phone in my pocket, grabbed Justin's note and folded it into my jean jacket pocket.

I unlocked my door and took my first step into the hallway in two days.

I still had school today but that's not where I was going.

I was going to the Cabanna. To where it all started.

I stood at the front doors of the Cabanna. I was hesitant to go in.  I didn't want to have a flash back.

I felt the note in my jacket pocket and took a deep breath. I can do this.

I walked in and looked around. The place was sort of empty except for a few adults.

I head straight to the back and knocked on Mr. Caban's door to his office.

"Come in." I heard him say and I walked through the door and shut it.

"Hello, Avery. What brings you here today.?" He asked sitting back in his chair and setting his own down.

He glanced up at me and made a concerned face. "Is everything okay.? You look like you've been crying."

My eyes were still a bit puffy.

"I actually have been crying, so I came her to see if you could put an end to the crying and show me the security tapes from May 15th." I say as I sat down in a chair.

Mr. Caban sighed. "I'm sorry Avery but unless it be a police investigation I can't show you the tapes."

"Mr. Caban, please. You don't know how bad it hurts, please just let me see those tapes." I begged.

"You're a good kid Avery, you know that.?" He turned his seat and scooted over to the TV in the corner if the room.

He turned it on and gave me a remote. "This button let's you zoom in, this button turns on the volume so you can hear what people say-"

"Perfect, thank you." I fast forwarded until I saw Miles and Terry at the counter in the Cabanna. I zoomed in and turned on the volume.

I watched and listened to the whole thing. "He was telling the truth.." I whispered.

"He was telling the truth." I smiled.

I gave the remote back to Mr.Caban and thanked him.

I quickly rushed over to Miles' house and knocked on his front door. Mr.Thompson gladly let me in and I ran up the stairs to Miles' room.

I went straight for the door knob and turned it but it was locked. I kept twisting and turning frantically. I was about to call his name until the door opened.

"Dad I said you could-"

I instantly hugged Miles tightly and didn't let him go.

Once he realized what was going  on he hugged me back tightly.

It was just silent for the past few minutes. We just hugged eachother and didn't let go.

"I'm so-"

"No, I'm so sorry." I cut him off. "I didn't believe you, I was just so hurt I didn't even bother letting you explain. I went to the Cabanna today and saw the security tapes. You were telling the truth and I just didn't believe you and I am so, so sorry." I cried into his chest.

"It's okay, it's okay. It will always be okay." He rubbed his hand up and down my back.

"From your point of view you had every right to be mad at me. Avery I would never hurt you on purpose."

Then my phone began to ring. I looked at the caller and it was Emily. I put my phone back in my pocket and continued to hug Miles.

I'm sure Emily was just calling to check up on me.

I was just happy to be with Miles again.

So I've thought long and hard about this. I think it's time that Mermaid Magic comes to an end. I know, I'm sad too. But I don't want to drag it out then have it fade away. So, I only have a few chapters left. Maybe three, maybe two. But don't worry, the end day of Mermaid Magic is the start of our new journey with Quinn Parker and Pierce Daniels in... Falling For A Mortal or for short FFAM.!! I will release 5 chapters so you guys can get into it a little. Along with those 5 chapters is going to be a bonus of a Cast and an Introduction so you guys get to know how things work as a demon. ;)