Chapter 16.

*Avery's POV.*

"So you're sure that you're okay now.?" Emily asked.

We had just talked about the whole situation at the beach.

"If by 'okay' you mean still totally pissed and sad but I'm controlling it," I looked at her "then yeah, I'm all good." I nodded my head.

Emily sighed. "I'm so sorry Avery. Look, Miles is just a jerk and hey if you don't want me to hang out with Justin either I won't." She stated.

I looked at her in disbelief then laughed.

"Emily, I'm not going to make you stop seeing your boyfriend. That's punishing you and Justin. You guys did nothing wrong." I smiled at her.

Emily sighed of relief.

"I just thought since Justin and Miles were bestfriends that you wouldn't want to see Justin either." She explained.

"No way, Justin's cool and he even saved my life. I know I can trust him as much as I trust you." I smiled.

•••

*Justin's POV.*

"So you broke up with her after that.?" I asked Miles who was pacing his bedroom floor.

"Yeah, I did. She was a total bitch to Avery." He kept pacing and put his hand over his mouth.

"And you were going to meet her because you left your dad's hoodie over there and she threatened to burn it.?" I asked again, getting the story straight.

"Yup." He mumbled.

"But I don't see how I'm going to get Avery to forgive me. She hates my guts right now." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I say just give her a day to calm down then try to explain everything to her." I suggested, laying back on his bed.

"What if she doesn't listen to me then.?" He stopped pacing and looked at me.

"We will think of something else. Don't worry. You'll get her back." I assured him even though I wasn't even sure myself.

•••

*Avery's POV.*

The next day Emily and I walked to school together.

A few people were staring at me and some just turned away at my presence. I figure it's because of what happened to Terry's hand when I caught her fist.

I sighed and ignored it. Emily and I just walked to my locker.

"So what're we gonna do today.?" I asked her getting a notebook from my locker.

"We could go swimming or we could go to the Cabanna or we could chill on the beach or we could go to the mall." Then her eyes lit up.

"WE COULD BUY YOU A DRESS." She nearly shouted.

"Emily you know I don't wear dresses." I smiled at her excitement.

"Please.! We could make Miles jealous. He'll see what he's missing out on.!" She smiled.

I smiled and sighed.

"Fine, but only because you're excited about this and not because of Miles." I made sure she knew that.

She smiled and looked past my shoulder. Her eyes widened but she covered it up by smiling.

"Maybe we should get to class, like now." She pulled my hand but I stopped her.

"Class doesn't start for another 5 minutes." I made a confused look.

Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Avery." A soft, sweet voice said. His scent appeared in the air and I knew it was him.

It was Miles. Part of me wanted to run, part of me wanted to stay.

"I know you hate me but-"

I turned around and faced him. I didnt look him in the eye, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"I don't hate you... I just don't like you very much right now." I shook my head and quickly walked away.

I wanted to listen to what he had to say but yet I really didn't.  Now I just want to get today over with.