Chapter 24.

"Here, just hold it." I say handing a hamster to Miles.

"Alright, it's not as cute as Spade though." Miles frowned but still enjoyed petting the hamster.

"Well it's not yours so don't worry." I laughed a bit.

Miles paid for the hamster and we were off to his house to wrap it.

"So do you have any like, tiny boxes.?" I asked.

"There should be some in the basement, it's right around the corner first door on the left." He pointed behind him and he sat down and played with the hamster.

I walked over an opened the basement door. It was so dark I could only see the first five steps.

I looked around for a light switch but I couldn't see. I made my hand really hot until the palm of my hand caught a flame. It was a small flame that fit in the palm of my hand.

"That's so cool..." I heard Miles say.

I turned to look at him and he quickly looked away. I don't think he meant for me to hear that. I laughed quietly to myself then walked down the stairs.

I was half way down the stairs when I found a light switch. I flipped it up, but it didn't seem like anything happened. I shrugged an continued down the stairs with my flame.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I looked over and saw a figure of a person in front of the light so that their features were nearly pitch black.

I gave a shirt scream and immediately threw my hand out and trapped the figure in ice completely.

I looked at the figure the calmed down. I took a deep breath then walked over to it. On my way over I found a string that led to a light bulb, I pulled it and the lights came on.

I looked at the figure again and sighed if relief. It was just a stupid mannequin.

I looked around then for a tiny box. After about 5 minutes of searching I found one. I turned to the mannequin and started to heat him up to unfreeze it.

After about 10 more minutes I finally melted the ice away from the mannequin and headed upstairs.

"Finally, what took so long.?" He laughed as he continued to play with the hamster.

"I totally did not get scared by the mannequin in your basement and then freeze it solid." I nodded my head the entire time I said that and we both laughed.

"Here's the box, you put holes in it while I go get wrapping paper." I got up again and walked over to the bag that held the wrapping paper we bought. It was blue and green checker.

I brought it over and we began to wrap Emily's present.

•••

"Yay.! You guys are here.!" Emily jumped with excitement.

"Happy birthday Em.!" I smiled and gave her a big hug.

I pulled away and handed her her present which was in a blue bag with green tissue paper. Miles smiled and handed her the box that held the hamster.

"Happy birthday, Emily and be careful. That box is extremely fragile." Miles warned.

We followed her over to her present table. She put down our two gifts. This party was only for Emily and her friends. She's having another party with her family another day.

"Where's Justin.?" Miles asked looking around.

"He's not here-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMY!" Justin shouted and ran over to Emily and hugged her tightly.