Chapter 23.

I slapped Justin as soon as he walked through the door to my room.

"Owww... WHY.?!" He whined putting his hand to his cheek.

"Because you told Miles." I crossed my arms.

His eyes widened and he turned around quickly to leave.

"No, you're not going anywhere." I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Just don't slap me again please." He begged.

"No promises. I'm mad that you let it slip," I pointed at him " but I'm not mad that you ended up explaining to him."

"You're not- wait, how do you know I told him.?" He asked.

Neither Emily or Justin know what happened yesterday. I was gonna tell them today but I wanted to yell at Justin.

I stayed quiet and pressed my lips together, I stared down at the floor.

"No way." Justin said in disbelief. "You told him." He smiled.

"Yeah, well I sort of had to. Well I didn't have to but.. Nevermind. Yes I did tell him, I did show him." I attempted to explain.

"Does this mean you two are a couple now.? Cause Miles told me last night that you two kissed." He smiled and wiggled his eye brows.

"Justinnnnn, stop." I whined then laughed. "He didn't exactly ask me to be his girlfriend but he did say he really likes me. I said I really like him too."

"THEN WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WAITING FOR.?!" Justin shouted in an annoyed but playful tone and walked out of my bedroom.

I laughed and followed him out.

•••

Justin and I met up with Emily at the Cabanna.

"Hey guys." She smiled.

"Hey." Justin and I say in unison.

Justin sits next to Emily and I sit on the other side of the booth by myself.

"So Emily-" I began but she cut me off.

"I already know what happened between you and Miles.!" She happily squealed.

"One that's not what I was going to say. Two how.?" I asked.

"Justin texted me and filled me in on you guys' way here." She smiled and shrugged.

"What were you going to say then.?" She asked.

"I was going to ask what you wanted to do for your birthday." Her birthday was tomorrow.

"Right.! I almost forgot about my own birthday. I was so overwhelmed with you telling Miles.!" She shook her head with a smile and sighed.

She sat there and thought about it for a minute. Her eyes suddenly grew wide and her jaw dropped.

"Swimming in the ocean, all of us." She smiled looking between me and Justin.

"Does Miles know you're," I looked around to see if anyone was close enough to hear,"A mermaid.?" I asked quietly.

"No, but if he knows you're one then what's one more.?" We all laughed.

Suddenly my vision was darkened by what felt like hands over my eyes.

"Guess who.?" The voice sounded like Mickey Mouse.

"I'm gonna have to go with Mickey Mouse." I laughed.

"ERRNNT, wrong." The hands moved away from my eyes allowing me to see Miles, who's face was upside down.

He was in the booth behind me leaning over. I smiled at the sight of him. He smiled back and slid into the spot right beside me.