War on the way

Once reading this chapter, I suggest reading the a/n at the bottom ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n)'s P.O.V

It's been five days since me, Lyra, Tord, Paul and Patryk came back to camp, and over those five days, I honestly thought that every single hour, a fight was going to break out. Not with the other armies, no. With the other soldiers. Everyone except me and Lyra have kept to themselves, well, not Paul and Patryk of course.

Even now, I'm getting stressed. I miss Tord, he hasn't come out of his office in the five days since we came back. Busy, I guess, but I wish we could just be like any normal couple, without any pressure from the army!

Right now, Lyra and I are eating dinner at the food hall. If you call it dinner though. This dietary stuff is so bland!

"So, any sign of Tord coming out of his office?" Lyra asked, looking up at me.

"Nope, he must be extremely busy, or stressed." I reply.

We kept the quiet conversation up until we finished and headed back to our dorm in silence. I sighed. Normally, at a time like this, Lyra and I would be chatting and gossiping away. But now, as the war gets closer, we're becoming more silent.

I wish the attack would just happen already, waiting for it making us all nervous. Every time I turn a corner, I expect a Green army soldier to pop up!

We made our way into our dorm and Lyra immediately plopped onto the bottom bunk.

"I'm going to bed (y/n), I'm pooped!" She said yawning.

"With your uniform on?!" I laughed a little bit.

She replied with a 'mmhm' and immediately fell asleep. I laughed quietly again. Even at times like this, Lyra still manages to be Lyra sometimes!

I crawled onto my bunk and tried to fall asleep, but thoughts started to trouble my mind.

How's Tord doing right now?

What if the Blue army decides to bail?

What if...

...What if we lose this war?

I sigh, frustrated. I'm not going to sleep with all these stupid questions roaming about in my head. I quickly climbed out of bed and quietly head out our dorm. I stroll down the empty red halls of the camp, letting my feet take me.

I need to shake off these thoughts...

I found my footsteps led me to towards the camp's biggest guard tower, the one Tord showed me. The place we confessed to eachother. I walked up the stairs to the top of the tower.

I reached the top, and stepped out onto the stone floor. I looked up at the night sky. It was dotted with stars, big and small, scattered separately, and grouped in clusters. The moon was full, and shining brightly in the star speckled sky. It looked exactly like the first time I came up here with Tord.

I could almost imagine him standing in front of me again, saying the same words he did those few weeks ago...

I stood there for god knows how long, reliving the moment. I got knocked out of my trance as I felt arms snake around my waist and a head nuzzle into the crook of my neck. Is it...?

"Tord? Is that you?" I asked. I felt him grin. Yep, definitely him!

But what is he doing here?

He spun me around and kissed me right on the lips. I blushed furiously. I was shocked at first, but then I realised how much I missed him. I sunk into the kiss, and I let him slip his tongue into my mouth. It was a full blown make out session.

How I've missed this...

I know it's been five days without seeing him, but, it felt like I haven't seen him in months! We parted for air and just stared into eachother's shining orbs for a moment until Tord broke the silence.

"(Y/n), what are you doing here?" He said with a hint of concern.

Might as well tell the truth.

"Troubled, or should I say, stressed." I replied.

Tord lay down on the stone floor, and I followed. We stared up at the calming night sky. "I know this is a stupid question, but about what?"

"Dunno. About the attack coming in a week's time, and about you staying away from everyone in your office I guess."

He nodded. "Yeah, sorry about that, I was a little stressed out too, so I decided to come here."

"What were you stressed about Tord?"

The war? Or something else?

"Almost the same as you. About the attack coming up, and-" He paused, and then sighed.

He looked at me, "(Y/n), I don't want to lose you..."

"Tord..." I was speechless.

"Look, let me tell you something, ok?"

I nodded, "Tell me anything, Tord."

"About a three months before I found you, I was dating a girl I loved very much, and-" He sighed, "she died, in battle. She was targeted by Yellow leader, and killed. To make me suffer. I thought I'd never be in another relationship, but here I am. I love you (y/n), and I don't...I don't want to lose you..." Tord sounded like every word was a struggle to say.

"Tord." I start, "Yellow army or Green army doesn't know about our relationship. And I'm a trained soldier! I've been through some really tough times, ok? I'm pretty sure I can handle this!"

Or can I?

Tord looked at me and smiled. He seemed more at ease after what I said. He hugged me tightly.

"I love you (y/n)..." He started to mumble sweet nothings into my ear.

I hugged him back. We stayed there for a few moments, until he let go and stood up, helping me up as well.

"Better not let anyone see us like this.!" Tord said, trying to sound cheerful.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"Ok, (y/n), you need some rest for tomorrow." He said motioning towards the stairs."I just want to stay here for a moment longer, ok?"

I pecked him on the cheek and walked towards the stairs. "Ok, Tord, goodnight!" I said, but I got stopped.

"Hey (y/n)?" Tord called, "Can you promise me you'll be safe when...the time comes?"

I'm glad he cares so much for me..

"I promise." I replied.

Tord smiled at me happily.

"Goodnight min dronning~"

God dammit I still need to look that up!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, hello! We're literally 20 views away from hitting 1k views, and we have 50 votes!! I love all of you so, so much!

So, anyways, tomorrow I'm going to be posting a 1k special so be sure to stay updated! You won't want to miss it  ;-)
~Starboi •﹏•