Chapter 54

Asher
The morning after the funeral was just like any other morning. I woke up with Violet's head laying on my chest and my two children bouncing up and down on top of our bed sheets. My wife groaned then stretched beside me with a smile on her face.

"Good morning, my beauties." She exclaimed then rolled in bed to face me and planted a kiss on my cheek. "Good morning, my king." She whispered before kissing my lips.

"Good morning, beautiful." I stated with a smile in reply. I then turned to Alexandria and Zayden, who were both sitting on top of my legs, and mimicked their identical smiles. Dimples sprouted on both my children's cheeks.

"Come here, you two." I said then pulled them closely into my arms and carried both of them to the bathroom. "Let's get you babies ready for the day, what do you say?" Their heads bobbed up and down in excitement. Apparently, they had already made plans to spend many hours with Aidan.

My children had already gone off with my little brother by the time Violet and I finished our daily morning routine. "Shall we, my beautiful lady?" I asked with a smirk and held my arm out for her to grip onto. She took hold of it, letting out a laugh.

"Yes, we shall, my love." She responded as she rolled her eyes. "You're such a dork." She poked my side a couple of times. "Let's go, I'm starving."

We approached the kitchen to find Caleb and his family there but Cameron wasn't. Violet's senses went on the highest level so she could try to pinpoint where her best friend was. I could tell that she was worried, even though she did not express it in front of everyone. She was anxious and wanted to comfort Cameron, who must have been grieving the entire night.

"He's fine, honey. I'm sure of it. He is a strong man. Derek would want him to be happy. He wouldn't want to see his mate grieving for him nonstop." I whispered into my wife's ear. She glanced up at me with her beautiful large gray eyes.
"I believe you, but I'm also worried that he'll stop taking care of himself." She refuted with a hushed voice. I nodded in understanding. I then recalled the moment when Anabelle had taken Violet, knowing very well that she had taken the one thing that meant the most from me, away. I was disheveled and couldn't concentrate. If it weren't for Caleb, father, and mother, who were all there for me at that time, I would've gone into a depressive state and I would've driven myself crazy to the part where I would just spin in a circle endlessly.

Violet felt my thoughts and how much it had weighed me down, so she squeezed my hand in reassurance and stared into my dark brown eyes.

"I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. I promise." She exclaimed and pulled the back of my hand up to her lips for a soft kiss. "I'm right here." She repeated.

"I know, love. I'm here as well." I replied with a small smile. I guess Derek's death and how Cameron was treating the situation had taken a toll on both my relationship and Caleb's since it could've happened to anyone that day, yet Derek was the one who had to leave us behind.

We then settled at the table where Jillian, Caleb, and Hazel were enjoying their breakfast. Caleb was playing with his daughter in his arms. Jillian had her eyes glued to her husband and child. They were the image of a happy family. I smiled in admiration at how much Caleb has grown from the time when we were adolescent to now in the current day.
I smiled at my wife when I pulled the chair out for her. She blushed and ducked her head down at my sweet gesture. You shouldn't have. She told me, but I chuckled silently to her ridiculousness, she was my queen. I vowed to her that I would treat her with the care that she deserved.

"How are you lovebirds this morning?" I asked teasingly. Jillian laughed in response with her head shaking.
"Absolutely nothing. Hazel has been high maintenance and demanding to sleep on our bed." Caleb replied as he rolled his eyes. I laughed then choked a bit on my cup of blood. I knew what he meant. My firstborn was just the same. Zayden had troubles sleeping at night so Violet and I would always have him sleep between the comforts of his parents.

"On the bright side, your second child should sleep soundly." I said with a slight chuckle. "Maybe." I added at the end then received a side glare from Caleb. Our wives just shook their heads at our hinted comedy. They knew exactly what we were referring to, yet they could only shake their heads.

"Don't worry, honey. I prefer sleeping with Hazel between us anyway." Jillian stated with a wide sparkling smile. It was Violet's turn to laugh while sipping her glass of blood.

"What did you do this time?" Violet asked with her eyebrows raised. Caleb raised one hand in the air as a sign of surrender; while the other hand was placed firmly on Hazel's back. She sat on her father's lap while playing with his button-up shirt.

He gave a chuckle then tucked a hand behind Jillian's back and pulled her in so he pecked a kiss on her forehead.
"I wouldn't trade this life for anything else in the world. I'm absolutely in love with how things are the way they are." The captain of all vampire guards had a strong soft spot for his family and I was glad to see how much he had grown.

We chitchatted for a bit more, and towards the end of our breakfast, Caleb and I had to dismiss ourselves to go to the guards' chambers and see what plans we have today. We left our wives and Hazel at the table to do some more talking, but when Caleb and I stood up, Violet did as well.

"I'll be checking on Cameron and possibly spending some time with him today. Would you care to join me, Jilly?" She asked while looking at the mother with a baby in her arms.

"Of course, I'm going to stop by your mother's room and have her watch Hazel for a bit, then I can catch up with later then?" She asked. Violet nodded with a smile. "Okay, I'll see you later then."

I gripped onto Violet's hand and squeezed it firmly. I love you, lovebug. I'll see you after. I smiled then broke apart his grip on my hand. I felt my wife's stare watch the two of us walk out of the room and down the main hallway into the guard chambers.

When we approached the main reception where the majority of guards stood, ready for the plans of the day, Cameron was nowhere in sight, so I trusted my instinct that he was still in his room. I noted to myself that I should see him sometime today before the day ended and check up on how things were. He was clearly still in a depressive state and there was nothing Caleb and I could do about it. I sighed then nodded for the captain to step forward to announce the tasks of the day.

At the end of the meeting, we filed out the door one-by-one towards the training room and on our way there, I saw Jillian strolling the opposite direction towards the guards' chambers. I assumed that she was meeting with my wife in Cameron's room. I smiled at the close support and concern that both ladies had for their best friend. Cameron was lucky to have such great women in his life, who always want to make sure that he was doing alright.

A/N:
Hello hello!! It's so nice to see you all again! Yes, yes, I know what you all are going to say... I have not updated this story and I apologize deeply for not giving you the story that I promise I would. It's just that I have been so busy since summer has started. I was able to go on two trips earlier, but other than that, my time has been occupied with going to a college library to research for a huge HUGE essay for this program that I'm in, also I have been busy with school- required volunteer hours (I needed 150 :/) So that it totally a bummer since my summer break has been consumed with school stuff and other busy family stuff. But thank you all for understanding and I hope that you all have been well and the same as you were from when we last talked!! :) Just make sure to take care and continue living life in enjoyment. Anyways, have fun and until then, take care of yourselves and your families!

~Jade xoxo
PS. I have no idea why the format of this chapter is like this... it shows for me that there are no spaces between the paragraphs? So... I'll just have to fix that later I guess... or figure out why that is the case. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Please keep in mind that this second book of the series will be coming to an end soon but don't worry! There will be a third, and final, book. Just one more book to complete this Bloody Kiss Trilogy! So please have patience and stay tuned for more info on the future for us :)