The Creature and The Light

Start from the beginning

"Everyday it's the same damn thing..." She mumbled, waiting for the tricky stairs to line up correctly.

It was told to her that the stairs liked to prank the first years, so, once she finishes the year, the stairs will be obedient. But, even so, what strange stairs, acting like they were sentient.

Suddenly, Aurora heard a giggle.

She found a small man, with black hair, malicious orange eyes and a fixed big grin. He was wearing an orange polka dot sweater, green pants and curly toed blue slippers. On his head was some kind of striped jester hat and a red bow tie on his plump neck. His taste of fashion was worse and weirder than Professor Ackerley's. He was flying in midair. He didn't seem like a ghost, given that he wasn't transparent.

Aurora was amazed to see such strange little man. She had never seen him before. Were there more of him?

"That's Peeves." She heard someone say.

Aurora looked behind and saw Leo, who walked to her side, staring at the supposed 'Peeves'.

"Peeves?" She asked, also averting her eyes again to the flying little man. "He looks like a gnome."

"Trust me, gnomes are entirely different than that." He informed. "He's a poltergeist."

Aurora's eyes widened. It was her first time seeing one.

"What do we hav'here? A firstie witchy and an aloof?" Peeves asked, grinning.

"He speaks!" Aurora was surprised. "Do you know him?" She asked Peeves, pointing to Leo.

Leo shoved her finger down. "Don't speak to him, he's a troublemaker." He said, indiferently.

Peeves rolled his eyes, smirking, like he was proud of that title.

"Really? But he seems so cute."

Leo frowned surprised. Peeves' eyes widened and his face became red, like it was about to explode, literaly. Then, he suddenly started throwing tomatoes at them. "If ya say that, then i'm gonna be embarassed."

"See?" Leo spoke. "Protego!"

All of a sudden, the both of them were shielded from the flying tomatoes.
"Let's go." Leo grabbed Aurora's hand and dashed across the stairs, heading to the Great Hall.

When they reached it, they sat on the Slytherin table, eating breakfast. The Great Hall was almost empty, with only a few people here and there. Aurora grabbed a toast and passed butter on it. Then she filled her plate with some bacon and her goblet with pumpkin juice.

"I don't think i'm going to eat tomatoes today." She said pointing to a plate full of them.

She laughed. Leo let out a small grin, stiring his bowl of cereals. She was happy that she could make him laugh, seeing that he always has a stern look on his face.

"You woke up early." Aurora said.

"You too." He replied.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Me neither."

She glanced at him.

"What are you doing today?" She asked.

"Maybe i'll go to the library to study." He took a spoon to his mouth.

"I'm going to study there too, then I'm going to train some spells outside. We can go together if you'd like."
He looked at her. "I don't mind." His eyes returned to the bowl.
Aurora smiled. Maybe he could teach her about things that she didn't know. And she could take advantage of the situation to start knowing him better.
"You really thought that Peeves was cute?" Leo asked. "Seriously?" He grinned.