New

Raine's POV

First day, new school, new city, new state, new people. I hate that we had to move a month after school started. Could we have not moved here earlier or later or not at all. Anyways I get into my car and start heading for the school. I had to be there extra early to get my schedule. I got a little lost on the way but was still made it here before most people. The student lot was empty except for a black Ford Explorer and a blue Jeep. I parked in a random spot and went into the building. I went through security and found the main office. The secretary looked up from her computer screen. "Hello young lady. How may I help you?" she asked with a big grin on her face. "Um, yea. I'm new here and I need my schedule," "Alright you need to talk to Mr. Hamlton for that. His office is down that hall and to the left. I'll let him know you're coming," she said and I nodded heading in the direction she pointed.

I walked to his office and knocked on the doors. A husky voice gave me permission to enter. I walked in and sat down in a chair across from him. He basically explained all the rules of the school. What to do and what not to do. Then he finally explained my schedule which wasn't that hard to understand. He also sent for someone to show me around. He spoke so well of her and apparently her and this other girl were tied for valedictorian. The girl came in and I was mesmerized. She was really attractive.

She has this masculine feel from the clothes she wore and the way they framed her body but her face was very feminine. I also noticed her eyes. They held no expression. They seemed empty and dull but she held a weak smile on her face. She had on a long black hoodie with these cargo type shorts with her twists hanging by her sides. "Hey, my name is Camila," she said and I gushed on the inside. Her name was just as beautiful as she was. "Raine," I said unable to form a complete sentence. Mr. Hamlton kicked us out of his office saying he needed to get work done. "Let me see your schedule," she said and I handed her the piece of paper. She looked at it and then nodded. "Well we have all the same classes so you can basically just follow me around all day," she said as we walked through the hallways. I felt like I was only in Mr. Hamlton for ten minutes and the halls were already filled with people. I noticed that she walked quickly with her head down. I keep up with her as she sharply turned into an empty classroom.

I quickly scanned the room and noticed a desk with a bookbag on it and some papers sprawled across it. There was no one else in the room except for us and the teacher. I went to the teacher's desk who was to consumed with what was on her computer screen. She basically told me that they were starting a new subject today so I could just catch on. I went pick a seat in the back next to Camila and when I sat down she looked at me with wide eyes. "You can't sit there," she said with a shaky voice. "Why?" I asked and she pointed a shaky finger to the door. A group of people walked in and I assumed that with the noise they brought with them that they were all friends. There were two studs, a stem, a fem, and then two boys. I looked over at Camila and noticed that she was no longer looking at them or me but had a forced look at the papers on her desk. "You can't sit there," someone said and I turned back to the group of people. It was one of the studs. She was light skinned with blonde short hair that was shaved on the sides. "That's why," I heard Camila whisper behind me. "I said you can't sit there," she said again louder as if I didn't hear her the first time. "Why can I not. The teacher told me that I could sit wherever so I choose here," I said nonchalantly. "Because I mother fucking said so," she said through gritted teeth. "Dawg, T just sit over here. Then you won't be so close to that piece of shit," one of her friends chimed in and she was referring to Camila. "Aye don't talk about her like that. She didn't do a fucking thing to you," I said realizing Camila wasn't going to defend herself. Her friend didn't respond but she did. "You don't want to get on my bad side and it's only your first day. This is my fucking school, I run this. Don't get caught up...new kid," she said walking over to her group of friends.