A Break

Camila's POV

     I woke up to my phone ringing and movement next to me. I opened my eyes and realized that my room...wasn't my room. "Shit," I muttered getting up. Partly because I never went home and because I started to feel the pain....everywhere. I picked up the phone and the call ended. I looked at my home screen and I had like 30 missed calls. Mostly from Cee and Chris and two from Kash and Trae. I called Cee back because I feel like they're at my apartment now. After the first couple rings she picked up in a panic. "Hey are you ok?" She asked worried. "Yea, sorry. I should have told y'all I was going to my girlfriend's after y'all dropped me off. I didn't mean to stay all night but I guess I just fell asleep here," I said and she let out a breath of relief. "Well I'm glad you're ok. Is she ok?" She asked and I looked over at Raine. "Yea....she's fine. Asleep but fine," I said smiling. "Well that's good. Do you want us to come get you from her house or what?" She asked. "Uh...we'll meet y'all there. Where do you want to meet at?" I asked and there was a pause. I heard talking in the background but I couldn't make out what was being said. After a while of the voices going back and forth there was an answer. "What about iHop?" She asked and I thought about it. "Hold on," I said and she hummed in agreement. "Hey," I said smacking Raine's ass extra hard. "Ow...what nigga?" She said turning over. "Do you want to go to breakfast?" I asked she groaned. "That's not an answer," I said and she groaned again. "Sure," she said after a long silence. "Ok then get up and get ready so we can go," I said pushing her off the bed with my good arm. "So fucking abusive," she muttered. "So how's 10?" I asked and Cee agreed. We hung up and looked to see Raine still on the floor. I hobbled over to her and sat next to her.

     "So you just gon lay here?" I asked and she groaned again. "Well I mean I could go by myself and eat all the food I was planning to bring back on the way here," I said and she looked up. "You wouldn't," she said and I nodded as if I would. "Fineeeeeee," she said getting up. "Help me up please," I asked and she gently pulled me up. She went to the bathroom to shower and when she was done I went in after her. We made it to the car after telling her mother that we were leaving. The drive to iHop was...weird I guess. It wasn't silent but we weren't talking that much. I broke the silence though by asking about Hope. "She's fine actually. After everyone found out you were in the hospital they let her go. But of course they did some fucked up shit to her and sent her back with a message. Hopefully we can get through these next few months without something bad happening again," she said and I smiled. I grabbed her hand gave her a reassuring smile. "Nothing is bad going to happen. Hope for the best and have faith," and said and she sighed. "I hope so," she said pulling into the parking lot for iHop. We got out and walked in to the restaurant. Cee and Chris were already sitting down and we walked over to them.

     We sat down and immediately Chris started grilling Raine immediately. Raine on the other hand was on point with them answers and was asking questions herself. Last night she was talking about how Cee and Chris seemed a little shady to her. Like as soon as Ramira and her crew lose me here they pop up. I mean I would have been a little weary of it too but we all look just alike but I still should be careful for the moment. They shared the information for our nana's birthday party. It was during spring break and in Tampa. That's where she lives and they apparently went to go visit her for Christmas. It's during spring break which is in a couple weeks. "So are y'all in college or?" Raine asked stuffing her face with bacon. "Yea but we're on winter break so we don't have school till Monday," Chris said staring out the window. Raine happened to look to see what he was looking at and got up out the booth to storm outside. I was confused until I noticed who was out there. It was Ramira and Tasha with the rest of they wack ass group. "Shit y'all gotta go get her. I said getting up and limping outside. Chris ran after her and Cee helped me up. "You gotta get some crutches," she said and I laughed in agreement. I probably would get around faster too if I did. We got out side to see Ramira and Raine damn near boob to boob. Chris and Tasha were trying to pull them back from each other but it wasn't working. "Lay a fucking finger on her again or plan some shit like that stunt you did last week and that's yo fucking head bitch," Raine said looked her dead in her eyes. Ray wasn't phased by it though. "Your empty threats don't bother me cause I know yo weak ass ain't gon do shit," she said poking Raine in the chest. "Aye y'all it's not worth it just chill out," Chris said trying to pull Raine back but all of a sudden Raine pulled out the strength of 20 niggas. She knocked the shit outta Ray putting her ass to sleep. "I ain't gon do shit my ass. Tell her when she wakes up that was a fucking warning," she said walking away. My head went over my mouth as Tasha and her friends helped pick up Ray and carry her to the car. We turned to go back in and she came out the restaurant with some bags.