Carnival Fun

Camila's POV

     The rest of the school day went by pretty quick. Ray kept giving Raine and I dirty looks and Tasha had been sulking around all day. I was on my way home when I got a phone call. Without looking at the caller I.D. I picked up and my Bluetooth connected with the car. "Hello," I spoke while turning onto my street. "Camila?" The person said shocked and I looked at the caller I.D. and it was Tasha. I rolled my eyes and spoke again, "Yes, you called me." "I just didn't expect you to pick up the phone. You never answer my calls anymore," she said. I pulled into my apartment complex's parking garage. "Well I did today so how may I help you?" I asked. "Um...I just needed to talk to someone. You were the only person other than my dad who I opened up too and...," there was a long pause. "...My grandmother died," her voice cracked and I stopped the car. A car behind me honked their horn because of the abrupt stop. "Oh shit...SORRY," I yelled out the window. "Here Tasha let me park my car and then I can talk," I said and she hummed in agreement. I went to my assigned parking space on the 4th level and the person who was behind me stopped their car. I grabbed my stuff and got out the car putting my headphones when the person flipped me off and drove off. "Ok, so how are you holding up?" I asked and she broke down. "It's terrible. She's the only person who actually cared about me...except for you. She wanted to see me do well in life and made sure I was able to do the things I wanted. She promised to see me walk across the stage this year. I just miss her," she said as I rode the elevator up to the 6th floor.

     "Ok, calm down and take a deep breath," I said opening the door to my apartment. "I have something to do in a few but I'll talk to you until I have to go and when I get done I can come over if you want to," I said and she hummed in agreement again. "Ok, so how's basketball?" I asked trying to get her mind off of things. "It's good I guess. We are undefeated so far," she said and I smiled. "That's great," I said and it was silent for a while. She cut the silence and spoke, "So, how's life?" she asked and I had zoned out. "Ummm ok I guess," I said and she started moving around loudly. "Where are you staying? I heard that your mom kicked you out of the house. Do you need somewhere to stay?" she bombarded me with questions. "Ok, slow down. First of all. I'm ok for the most part. I have somewhere to live so calm down," I said. "As long as you have somewhere to stay I'm ok. We need to talk about some other things," she said and I mentally huffed. "Like what?" I asked acting clueless. "The times we kissed," she said and I face palmed. "What about them?" I asked slightly annoyed. "I......I......I want to be your girlfriend," I was pretty much speechless. I couldn't say anything. "Look you don't have to give me an answer right now but think about it. I meant what I said yesterday and I hope you know that," she said and I was still on mute. "So, how's music?" she asked and I frowned even though she couldn't see me. "I'm not in music anymore," I said and she had this big ass dramatic gasp. "Cam, you used to love music. It's all you would talk about and you were so good. What happened," she asked and I felt really sad. "I just lost interest," I lied and I got a text.

🌧Raine🌧: Outside

Me: mk coming down

I was so relieved. I honestly didn't want to continue this conversation. "Ok, well I have to go. I send your family my condolences. If you need me just call ok," I said and she said ok before hanging up. As soon as I got off my bed the house phone rang. Yes, I have one that my apartment complex forced me to get. I picked up and it was the front gate saying Raine was here to pick me up. I told the lady to let her in and rolled my eyes. Sometimes I'm glad that the security here is so secure but other times it's annoying as fuck. I grabbed my sweater and keys before heading out of my apartment. I head outside to see her car outside my building. She waves me over and I get in the car. "Well damn the security here not playing," she said pulling off and I chuckled. "If you were to actually come upstairs it's worse," I said honestly and she nodded.