30

a/n: i'm so happy with how this turned out.
dedicated to all of you, my faithful readers. without you, Not My Type would have never come this far. thank you so much, it means more than you'll ever know. enjoy. xøryan

Gerard and Frank locked eyes halfway through P.S. Don't Write, and Frank tripped over his words but the crowd was too wasted to notice, and Gerard nearly got knocked on his ass because he let his guard down for a moment.

Mikey and Pete had fucked off halfway through the set, suddenly leaving Gerard by himself with no explanation.

When the set was over, Frank ran off somewhere and Gerard nearly suffocated trying to escape the crowd, trying to get to Frank.

Why did he even care?

Gerard and Frank were both so focused on running without direction, they managed to slam into each other. Frank fell on his back, and Gerard fell on top of him.

"Hey," Gerard breathed out, and if they weren't so close, Frank wouldn't have been able to hear him over the chatter.

"Hey," Frank repeated, and it seemed as if their entire history didn't exist.

And Frank was a little stoned at the moment, a little drunk too, and he had felt a sudden urge to just grab Gerard and kiss him, and never let him go.

But he couldn't, he physically could not. Gerard was still over Frank, and since he wasn't sober and kind of fighting an awkward boner it was hard to remember how to move, he was focused on so many other things. Including trying to hide that not-so-subtle boner that was really ruining the moment.

"Your set was great," Gerard stated, as if that was totally a normal thing to say while hovering over your ex-boyfriend on the floor of a rundown bar.

"I saw you," Frank responded, though it was obvious. "You looked good- You look good," He stammered, mentally slapping himself.

"Frank, can we-"

And Frank couldn't even fucking stop himself, because Gerard has always looked hot as shit when he talks, and alcohol was Frank's mortal enemy- he just cut Gerard off and fucking kissed him, a little rushed and messy and he couldn't even fucking think, because fuck, that's all he wanted. That's all he'd wanted for so long.

Gerard didn't resist- he even relaxed a little bit. His actions were a little awkward, his arms got tired from holding himself up and quite honestly he didn't want his hands on the nasty floor anymore; so he just hesitantly rested his hands on Frank's shoulders and- literally- just sat on Frank, barely managing to miss that awkward boner.

When they finally broke apart, Frank just sighed. "Shit."

"What?"

"I want to forget," Frank admitted.

"Forget?" Gerard asked.

"I want to forget what happened. Between you and me."

"Start over?"

"Yeah," Frank nodded. "I feel like I've made myself a new life, anyways, I- ... I'm clean, now. I mean- besides alcohol, and weed, that's obvious. But-"

"Pills," Gerard finished. "I'm proud of you, Frank."

"And cutting," Frank added. "Not as long as I've been off pills, but I'm clean nonetheless."

And Frank could feel himself coming to, and things were getting clearer.

"I'm proud of you," Gerard repeated. "I'm so beyond proud of what you've achieved."

"I'm not my mistakes," Frank said randomly. "Nobody knows me as the pitiful, suicidal kid anymore."

"You never were that kid."

"They didn't see that." Frank looked up at Gerard. "You saw so much potential in me, and I never appreciated that. I do, now."

"I told you before, Frank, that I'd never leave you." Gerard said. "Let me keep that promise, please."

"Can we just-" Frank sighed. "I hate how cliché this sounds."

"Can we forget what happened?" He said after awhile. "I was stupid... You were kinda stupid, too."

Gerard nodded.

"I want you," Frank said. "I don't want anybody else."

"We're gonna take ourselves seriously this time around." Gerard stated.

"We'll make it worth while," Frank said. "I can't believe I ever thought we'd never work out."

"Fate," Gerard shrugged. "We're meant to be together, I suppose."

"The classic romance," Frank closed his eyes and chuckled, feeling the last bit of his high fading away. "I love you."

Gerard felt his heart flutter, and he swore only Frank could make him feel such a way.

It was only Frank.

"I love you, too."