C h a p t e r 2: Almost Normal

C H A P T E R   2

      Jiyong slept in for most of the next morning, trapped in a deep and undisturbed sleep. He was finally woken by sunlight streaming weakly in through the window, lighting the room in a dim way. It was comforting to know that he was finally home, where he was comfortable. From across the room, Jiyong could here the soft and steady breathing of who he guessed was Seung Hyun. They shared a room, after all; or at least they did, before Jiyong went out on his tour. He had fallen asleep before anyone had come into the room, so he quickly assumed that it was his hyung laying in the bed across the room.

      Yawning, Jiyong sat up. He sighed and stretched his arms over his head before sliding off the bed and walking over to the closet. He changed from the clothes he had slept in, which were the same ones he had put on before the flight, and had forgotten to take off. Laughing at his own carelessness, Jiyong stripped his clothes off and changed to a tight black t-shirt and pair of shorts. After tossing his clothes to the dirty clothes basket, he left the walk-in closet but was halted when he saw Seung Hyun was standing just a couple inches away.

     "G-Good morning," Jiyong greeted, cursing mentally when he stammered a little.

      Seung Hyun gave him one of the smiles that never failed to warm Jiyong's body. "Morning. You feel better now that you've gotten much more sleep?" A concerned look crossed the elder's face.

      Jiyong nodded. "Uh-huh."

     "Good." Seung Hyun smiled again, and gestured for Jiyong to move. "Can I change?"

     "O-Oh. Sorry."

     Dammit! Why the hell am I stammering?

      Jiyong moved out of the way, and Seung Hyun passed him to walk into the closet. He could not help but stare as Seung Hyun began to take off his shirt. His muscles contracted as he tossed his shirt to the side and reached for another. This was Jiyong's first thorough look at Seung Hyun, since yesterday he had been so out of it that he hadn't been able to really focus. Seung Hyun's hair was currently pitch black and fell over his eyes in a messy, unkempt way. Jiyong had to fight to steady his erratic heartbeat. Why the hell was he getting so flustered? And at the sight of his best friend, no less?

     "You know, I think the guys are planning to take you out today."

     Seung Hyun's deep voice made Jiyong jump, and he could see that the first was staring at him, using the full-length mirror to see what the younger was doing behind him. Jiyong immediately felt stupid - he had just been caught gawking at his hyung, and not in an exactly friendly way. But was that a genuine blush painting Seung Hyun's cheeks?

      "Y-you think?" Jiyong asked, stammering again.

      "Yeah." Seung Hyun turned to face Jiyong again as he pulled the dark t-shirt over his body. "And you deserve it, you know."

      Jiyong's cheeks once again went against his will and heated up with a light blush. "I-I guess..."

      Seung Hyun frowned, walking over to Jiyong's side. "Come on, you deserve it, Ji. Okay?"

      Jiyong swallowed at his hyung's closeness. He could feel the older's breath on his cheeks. "Okay..."

      "Come on, you must be hungry. Maybe we can go out for lunch or something like that." Seung Hyun smiled and ruffled the leader's hair.

      "Okay." Jiyong agreed, smiling one of the smiles only Seung Hyun could get from him.

     Seung Hyun giggled a little.