the fire's biting sting

People always tell me that when I become close to someone, I have no sense of personal space. I don't think so, because I always keep myself at least a foot away from someone at all times unless in an embrace or holding hands with my boyfriend. I know that is the literal term and not what they mean, but I feel as if I must say that anyway because personally invading someone's space makes me quite uncomfortable.

People tell me that I'm too polite.

Metaphorically speaking, though, I can't see why they think it either. If something happens, then it happens, and thus I go to my closest friends and tell them about it or talk about it to my boyfriend as an outlet and for their opinions on the situation. Hm... Well, I do suppose that makes me a bit too trusting, but since they are my friends and my boyfriend I should be allowed to trust them.

Which is exactly why I told Harry about my encounter with Seth Wynchester.

I feel no need to hide anything or lie about it. Honesty, after all, is the best policy and I know that Harry would be interested in knowing about my day and the new people I have met anyway. If he was here he would probably attempt to kick Seth in the rear, but Seth may or may not prove to be a bit of a challenge to defeat.

In fact, that's what Harry wants to do. When I told Harry of the situation, he said to me that he sounded like a "huge asshole" and that I really should stay away from him. "Forget about being bad news," he complains when I call him on the phone after our encounter, "He just seems like a terrible person."

I, however, disagree. I believe that Seth is just blatantly misunderstood, and didn't enjoy associating with people because of that issue. Even so, I feel as if I'm... drawn to him.

It is quite distressful.

After Seth aids me in my quest to find the way to the club, I finally find the designated room. It is quite a pleasant experience, and the choir together make a beautiful harmony; I can only watch in awe and hope that I can somehow make the ensemble myself. It is very nerve-wracking when auditioned for the role, and I swear my voice cracks at least five times but I felt wonderful when I was done. It is especially rewarding with the stares that people give me, their heartwarming smiles and compliments on my voice even better than a standing ovation.

That is the moment that I finally began feeling as if I am at home, and truly, truly welcomed.

"With a performance like that," Karen says as she grabs her coat and exits the club with Lilly and I, as Sera has already been picked up by her mom, "You're bound to make it in."

They both give me smiles and I blush furiously, feeling very modest. "I... I thank you," I reply, my fingers grabbing my shirt as we walk out, and we proceed to start to talk about other things. Karen and Lilly live by the school as well, but I live farther into the neighborhood and am actually not too far from downtown Sacramento. My nanny says that it's funny on how we're so 'wealthy' but how our house, though very pleasant, is near a dangerous part of the city... Quite ironic, actually, but I enjoy my new abode. It is near enough for a fifteen minute bus ride, but far enough that severe smog doesn't really reach us.

When we are about to part ways, I bid them my goodbyes and start to head towards the other direction. The sky by now is a shade of grey, and before we truly diverge suddenly I feel a plop of water on the tip of my nose.

"Oh, crap!" Karen curses as she starts to use her folder as a shield from the upcoming rain. At first, it is only a drizzle but turns into a downpour in a matter of minutes- Lilly and Karen are muttering even more expletives, Lilly's mascara running and Karen's long curly hair becoming flat, while I only let the rain drip from my skin and water cling to my curves.