Chapter 14

With body language that resembled a zombie, Stacie exited the memory retrieval room. She didn't have any particular direction after entering the main area. Staring off into space, she was still processing all of her returned memories. The more she thought about the loss of her sister, the harder it became to hold back the tears. Her bottom eyelid filled up with liquid, and they finally spilled over. The emptiness that her sister's death left behind, had returned. A mental sickness that had devoured her happiness, stormed through her thoughts. A desire to hold her sister just one more time, gnawed at her core. If she could only sit down, and have a conversation with her lost best friend, everything would be better. She always had the right words to say to Stacie. No one saw the world like her sister did. There would be no more words of wisdom from a person that saw the world like no one else. Here forever, Stacie's sister's death resumed the process of slowly tearing her apart.

      Trent's role in her mental breakdown distracted her from her sister, for the moment. He was another loss in her life. While she was dealing with the drama of Trent, the loss of her sister made life unbearable. Stacie wanted to revolve her world around Trent, and he took her heart and trampled all over it. Her memories of the campaign to ruin his life, flooded her thoughts. All of the fighting, and the pain came back to her. Remembering all that she lost was torturing her. The tears were on a steady stream running down her face. All of the things that she could never get over, fought for their time in her thoughts. She had never felt more trapped than she did in that moment. She wanted to escape, and there was nowhere that she could go.

      Movement from outside the window caught Stacie's attention. Aiden was outside, sitting in a dining room chair, leaning over the pool's edge. Curious, Stacie walked toward the back. When she approached the door, Vivienne and Jordan came into view. When she was able to see what was going on, her mouth dropped open. Bound by his hands to the chair, Aiden was unconscious. Jordan was sitting on the ground, holding the front legs of the chair, in the air, keeping Aiden from falling in the pool. Vivienne held a glass of water in her hand, preparing to splash Aiden in the face.

      Seeing Vivienne throw the water in Aiden's face put Stacie in action. Aiden was being startled awake as Stacie exited the main room. Vivienne and Jordan didn't know who to focus on. Stacie's return startled them both, but not enough to embarrass them. They were on a mission, and nothing was going to stop them from getting what they wanted.

      "What are you doing," Stacie yelled out.

      "We're getting answers," Vivienne replied.

      Aiden was just gaining control of his thoughts, and noticing the predicament he was in. Trying to free himself, Aiden found out that he was stuck to the chair with torn strands of bed sheet.

      "What in the hell," said Aiden.

      "You're gonna tell us the truth, Aiden," said Jordan. "Or I'm dropping you in the water. Gonna be hard to swim with your hands tied to the chair...It's up to you."

      "Damnit, you two," said Aiden. "There's nothing more to say. This is crazy. Let me go."

      "Let him go," demanded Stacie.

      "No," replied Vivienne. "He's going to stop lying, or we're getting justice."

      "What is he lying about," asked Stacie.

      "He's lying about what him, and Trent did," answered Vivienne, "About you, and about Jordan's son."

      "Vivienne," Stacie said with a stern voice. "I was lying."

      The mood changed with the reveal of Stacie's information. Vivienne didn't want to hear it, but Stacie now had her attention. Turning away from Aiden, Vivienne gave Stacie her full focus.