Chapter 10

Jordan's depression was the only thing keeping the peace around the main room. His absence put everyone's schemes on hold. Jordan's reaction to his memories was the beginning domino piece. The rest of them stood in line, waiting to see if it would fall. Vivienne was growing impatient with biting her tongue. She desperately wanted to get all of the information out in the air. Trent and Aiden scared her. Knowing that they were prone to violence, and the way they were looking at her, made her anxious. With Jordan's disappearance, Vivienne was heavily outnumbered.

      Night was setting in, and Vivienne wanted to talk to Jordan before dinner. She had a separate discussion planned during the meal, but wanted to see Jordan's mindset before she figured out the direction that she wanted to take the conversation. Fed up with waiting, she went to check on Jordan, but was stopped. Aiden was the first to step in front of her, and Trent wasn't far behind. Maddy and Stacie were in the kitchen preparing food.

      "What are you doing Vivienne," asked Aiden.

      "I'm going to check on Jordan," she answered.

      "He's going through enough right now," said Aiden. "I hope you're not thinking about making it worse. He's still processing the emotions of his loss, he doesn't need you stirring everything else up."

      "Worrying about yourself. Like always," Vivienne responded. "And what are you doing here, Trent? Because right now I feel threatened. I've got threats of my own."

      "This involved me," answered Trent. "I'm concerned where your head's at...Have you ever thought that Stacie wanted to forget? Do you ever think telling her is something that she doesn't want? No matter how wrong you think things are. It seems like you're only thinking about yourself also."

      "Trent, are you serious," Vivienne asked. "That's your angle? No matter if she doesn't want to remember, what you are doing is wrong, and you need to stop."

      "I don't think it's a good idea for you to talk to Jordan," interrupted Aiden. "Leave him be. Let him heal. He's a grown man, he's got this."

      "Apparently he doesn't have this," said Vivienne. "That's the reason we're all in this to begin with. We didn't have this. Our lives broke us, and we needed help."

      "Speak for yourself," said Aiden.

      "Damnit Aiden," Vivienne said while stomping her foot. "Are you two seriously doing this? You two are just going to start throwing your weight around. You two make a great team, don't you?"

      "Walk away," Aiden directed Vivienne. "Just let things be for now."

      Not wanting to get physical, Vivienne turned, and walked away from the men. She went in her room, and slammed the door behind her. Trent and Aiden walked over to the kitchen to join Stacie and Maddy.

      "What was that about," Stacie asked.

      "I told you honeybun," answered Trent. "That woman's crazy. She's got some weird thoughts, and we're trying to keep her from upsetting Jordan. She thinks everyone's out to get her...You know, the schizo thing I was telling you about."

      Maddy and Stacie ingested Trent's lies without question. They didn't give Vivienne anymore public attention and went back to preparing the meal. Trent and Aiden didn't speak on the topic anymore either. They both hoped that it would go away, but Vivienne was just biding her time. She was weak and needed to gain more power. Being outnumbered, she thought over how she would gain some strength. Her only option was to get the women on her side, but the men were good at protecting the women's ignorance.