CHAPTER 27

SO....... WE REACHED 12K READS!!!!!! OH MY GOD I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE MY BOOK REACHED THAT MUCH READS LIKE WHAT THE HELL. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO GET 10K+ READS ON MY BOOK SO I CAN'T HELP BUT BE...... UGH YOU KNOW. I REALLY DON'T HAVE WORDS BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS THANK YOU FOR READING, VOTING, COMMENTING AND ADDING MY BOOK TO YOUR READING LIST. I HOPE ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY/AFTERNOON / NIGHT.

We have been walking around the house for a whole hour but it doesn't seem to finish. We started from the top floor because they said best ones are for the last, which basically means the bottom floor we are exploring right now is the best part of the house. This mansion has everything from indoor pool, gaming room, movie hall to library; which I'll be spending my most of the times.

We have spend the half an hour in the first floor and I think this floor as equally beautiful as the other floors. I didn't see the main reason why this floor out of all the others is the gold one. Just when I feel like my legs couldn't take it anymore we reached a huge wooden door.

"This is the highlight of our house. Are you ready Abby?"

"I don't know, am I supposed to say Yes." I looked unsure when the two brothers opened the door.

"After you." Johnathan and James were bowing, like they were waiting for some majesty to enter the room. I look every each one of the boys and when my eyes finally landed on nodding Jason, I entered the room taking a deep breath.

I entered the door, to come across a balcony which had steps on the side which led to the actual room. I went down thinking how I should have a princess gown right now, so I could feel like a real princess, descending the stairs with elegance. I finally reached the bottom of the stairs to the room that was, I don't know how to say, empty.

The room was just an empty hall with a fireplace across the room and a piano on one side of the corner. They told me this room was the highlight of this mansion but I don't see a trait to make it look special except for the piano, the classy interior and the fireplace with two statues of imp on each sides. I give a look around the room one more time to notice something that I might have missed.

But nope, there was nothing that could make this room more special unless there is some kind of history related to this room. I stare at the boys baffled until my eyes landed on the man who was strolling towards the fireplace and caressing the imp's head. 

"Ready to see the surprise, princess." I knitted my eyebrows as Jason pushed the head of the statue causing the ground right on the center where it had a big flower, start moving. Thank god Marcus had already led me to the side before Jason could push that secret button or whatever it is. I gulped hard looking at the then floor turn into stairs leading to underground. 

"C'mon princess, let's go." Jason offered his hand, but I was too afraid to held it. With a little hesitation I took his hand in mine and move to see what is this surprise that's waiting for me.

"You guys aren't going to kill me or something, are you?" I ask as nervousness starts to kick in when I feel the amount of steps we took. I heard a couple of snigger as if I was joking right now.

"You don't have to worry, Abigail. We won't kill you."

"Like how can we kill you when boss will kill anyone who even muses about the thought of killing you." I felt Jason tightened his grip as the boys try their best to make me feel good. We finally reached the last steps and was I surprised? No it wasn't surprise, it was more of a shock I got.  This place looked like those secret underground place in those mystery/action movies where gang, FBI or some detective people secretly work. 

"What is this place?" I ask even though I might have a hint of what it was.

"Why don't you see it for yourself?" Jason dragged me with a smile on his face. As we were passing by I see many people stop and give a slight bow, Jason looked like he didn't even care about them while I just awkwardly smile not knowing how to respond.

We finally came in front of a room, at first it didn't look much interesting and all but the way the two brothers were bouncing all the way there before anyone of us waiting by the door excitedly; it made me think otherwise.

"Are you ready Ms. Abigail Manhattan?" I give them a questioning look with a hint of tease. 

"If it isn't anything related to torturing me, then I guess I'm ready." The boys rolled their eyes.

"Well Ms. Manhattan, there's nothing to worry about."

"Can I ask you guys something? What's so special about this room?" The brothers mocked hurt and put their hands on their chest.

"This room has something related to thing they are skilled at and guide this section."

"Really what is it?" Before anyone can reply the brothers had opened the door causing me to flinch in Jason's arms.

"What's that sound?" I shiver in fear hearing that familiar noise. I walk forward as I felt Jason's hand on my back guiding me. I entered inside my fear all gone; instead admiration starting building my body as I saw all those men and women shooting with so much focus. Just from my point anyone can say that how much these people were dedicated to their work. I pull Jason's arm when something bug me.

"You have females in your gang."

"Yeah, Why? What's wrong?" I saw his brows scrunched, so I straightened them.

"Don't do that it doesn't suit you. And there's nothing wrong it's just that I thought you gang leaders have a belief that girls are weak or something." I shrug before changing my focus to the people who had stopped in brother's order.

"Before you guys continue we would like to inform you something."

"We are back for few weeks and we aren't alone. We have someone special with us." James pointed at us.

"It's not the boss we are talking about."

"We are talking about the pretty girl beside the monster." I giggle as Jason threw a glare at them which said 'I'm the leader respect me.'

"So when we are here for the time being."

"We want you guys to put all your effort to protect that little squishy thing." I glare at them before shying behind Jason. One thing I got from these two brothers after staying this long is that they have a habit of completing each other's sentence. I look and greet them who returned me with amused smile like they were looking at a baby cub meeting the world for the first time. I even smiled and gave a small wave at some girls who I am sure would be my sisters in few days, if I stayed enough to befriend them.

After the brother's instructed them to do their job better and inspecting them for fifteen something minutes; we headed out to our next destination once they got Jason's approval. We didn't have to walk much to reach our next destination which was the battle room; this room was under Marcus' guidance. Practically Marcus is pro at fight and anything to do with body power.

I wasn't much shocked to know Marcus was one of the best fighters in the gang because he looked like one. I mean out of the boys he had the best body and it looked like he worked a lot. I also got one thing from today that when someone makes mistake; like when the opponent has to defend but instead attacks, he instantly gets mad. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised to face that side of his, he was always the conservative type of person but today his anger was something I wouldn't want to see. Marcus was really the merciless human when it came to training, I wonder how he is when it is real fight.

Last one was Logan's team and can you guess what it was? It was a effing hacker team. I didn't know he was into computer and technology, when they said it was Logan's turn to introduce his team I thought it was probably the kitchen staff or something because I always see him busy in the kitchen but no that damn man is a technology expert. I am not belittling him or anything thinking he might be head kitchen staff like food is the most essential thing in life. And knowing how responsible he is in kitchen stuff and how good of a cook he is, I just.... well forget it. Whatever I thought it turned out wrong.