Chapter 24: Young Adults

Hey guys! I'm back! I know right it's been a month. So this is before Kiara's first hunt or before Vitani and Nuka burn the grass or before Kovu saves Kiara.

They all woke up early for the morning patrol.

"Good morning Pridelands!" Fuli greeted

"Good morning Pridelands!" Fuli greeted. "And as the fastest, I should not be late." She continues and run off.

" She continues and run off

"Good morning me." Kion greeted. "Morning, mom, dad and Kiara!"
"Morning bro!" His sister said.
"Morning son! Have a great day." Simba said.
"Good luck, sweetie!" Nala said.
"I will!" He replied and heads for the lair.

"Good morning uncle Timon and Pumbaa!" Bunga greeted as he backflips. "You coming? I'm going to Pride Rock."
"We'll catch up. You go on ahead." Timon insists.
"Hope I see you there! Bye!" Bunga said as he runs off.
"They grow up so fast." Timon sighs and they both cried.

"Bye dad! I don't wanna be late for morning patrol." Beshte said.
"Okay goodbye son!" His father said. "Go and make me proud like always."

"Hey Ono! Being an early bird again?" An egret calls.
"Of course! That's our Ono. The keenest of sight in the Pridelands." Another one said.
"Thanks guys. But better be going now. Bye!" Ono said as he flew away and heads for Pride Rock.

Kion's POV

My morning routine never changes. I'm alone in the lair, waiting for the rest. I'm looking at the paintings while waiting. Every single painting is really important.

Then my dashing girl came in. Fast as always.

"Good morning milady!" I greeted with a smile.
"Oh, good morning my prince Kion." She nuzzles me.

While we were nuzzling, Bunga barged in. We quickly stopped....

"Ha! I'm the third! This is my earliest ever." Bunga said.
"Yeah not bad." We faked our reaction.
"Wait a minute... What did you guys do just before I came here?" Bunga smirks.
"None of you business, Bunga." She said.
"Yeah right." He said. He doesn't believe us sometimes.

Then Beshte and Ono barged in next.

"Yes! I'm at fourth!" Beshte said.
"Not fair Beshte. You cheated." Ono complained.
"Sorry Ono. I couldn't help it." Beshte chuckled.
"Okay so now that we are all here, let's begin our morning patrol." I said and we went out of the lair.

We spend 5 hours of patrol. And we stop by the watering hole and go back to the lair our daily routine.

"Okay you guys talk in the lair and I'll do something else." I said. "Okay?" And everyone nods.

I went to Pride Rock and mom and dad aren't there as usual. So I'll just have a little conversation with Kiara.

 So I'll just have a little conversation with Kiara

"Hey Kiara." I greeted. "Any plans for today?"
"Hmm... Nope. I'm free the whole day." Her ears dropped as she said.
"What's wrong?" I ask with concern.
"Well..." She sighed. "It's about me. You have Fuli, mom and dad have each other, Tiifu and Zuri have other guys now and... Who do I have?" She looks down.
"Kiara..." I said slowly. "Life is untold. You don't know what's gonna happen next. But what you have is a family that will always love you."
"Hmm...Thanks Kion, that's all I need." She said.

We went silent for a moment. And then she broke silence and puts her head on my shoulder as we sit at the tip of Pride Rock.

Then said, "Love you little bro." She said as I reacted in surprise.

I awkwardly said, "Love you too big sis..."

As sun falls and all animals went back to their home.

Mom and dad finally came. I don't know where they went but they're here now.

"Evening son!" Dad greeted.
"Good evening to you too dad." I replied.
"Any trouble?" He asked.
"Nope. Me and Kiara could handle it if there was." I said.
"Good. Now why don't you go back to the lair, me and your mother have something to talk about." He said.

I nod. But it's really suspicious. So I hid and listened.

"Do you think he's ready?" Dad asks mom.
"Of course. Didn't you hear what he said." Mom replied.
"I know but..." Dad was cut off by mom.
"Simba, he can do it." Mom said. "You will tell him sooner or later eventually."
"You're right." He sighed.

What were the king and queen talking about? Is it about Kion? Stay tuned.