Chapter 18

3 Days before Valentine's Day.

Emma's P.O.V

Am I a bad friend for secretly wishing for my bestfriend and her boyfriend to break up? I have perfectly good reason though, like how I think she's making the wrong choice and she's probably going to regret it in the future. Don't get me wrong, I like Jason. He's a cool guy and he's funny and good-looking but I just don't think he's right for Avery.

It's weird, there's just  this little voice in my head telling me that it's just not going to work. Maybe my opinion is biased because I've always known that Dylan liked Avery, -anyone who wasn't an oblivious idiot would've figured it out- and maybe I want Avery and Dylan to end up together so that my bestfriend could be dating my boyfriend's bestfriend.

It's hard being friends with both of them and knowing that Dylan likes Avery and she likes him back but she's choosing to stay with Jason because she doesn't want to hurt his feelings or something, I could be wrong and she might actually like him more but I know my bestfriend well enough to know that she'd be happier with Dylan.

"What's on your mind?" Aaron asked, holding my hand from the opposite side of my dining table.

"I was just thinking about this whole Avery and Dylan situation." I rolled my eyes.

He nodded and took a sip of his hot chocolate. "What's your opinion on it then?"

"I think," I paused, thinking. "I think Avery is making a mistake." I said finally.

"Me too," he replied. "Avery spends more time with Dylan than she does with Jason because he's always busy doing something."

"I know right?!" I agreed, "A person can only take so many extra classes and revision."

Aaron scratched his head, "Would it be wrong if we interfered?"

I sighed in defeat, "I already told Avery she was making a mistake yesterday."

"But what if, we get Dylan to change her mind?" Aaron raised his eyebrows and smiled mischievously.

I couldn't help but grin, "I'm listening," My grin widened. "What are you thinking?"

***   ***  ***   ***  ***

"This better be good," Dylan said as he joined us at our table.

I thought having lunch at Pizza Hut would be a good idea since we need the food to think of good ideas. Aaron and I quickly explained to Dylan what are plan was and what he should be do to change Avery's mind about being with Jason.

"You want me to what?" Dylan asked skeptically.

"Woo her," I answered.

He raised an eyebrow and looked at Aaron in question. "Dude, trust us. This is a good idea." Aaron assured him.

"How am I supposed to do that?"

"Think of something! Spend time with her, hang out, I don't know, anything!" I exclaimed. "Ask herif she wants to go hang out." I suggested.

"What am  going to do, knock on her door and tell her I'm going to 'woo' her?" Dylan asked sarcastically.

"No, not that, That's a bad idea," Aaron said, taking a bite out of a slice of pizza.

"Let me think..."

I must've been thinking for too long because soon I had both Aaron and Dylan calling out my name tyring to get my attention.

"Emma? Emma!" They both shouted.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. My mind wandered." I smiled sheepishly. 

"Well...?" Dylan asked waiting for me to share my ideas.