Chapter thirteen: Every girl's heart desire

Song: Into you by Ariana Grande

------------------

   We are seated on the patio with a bowl of strawberry ice-cream each, the coolness of the breeze and the sound of flowing water making the place so relaxing.
    "You go first" he said while scooping a spoon into his mouth, we have been debating on who to start first for the past fifteen minutes and he just won't give up.
   "No, you go first. You brought the idea didn't you?" I answered back
    "Oh kitten! Which century are you in? It's always ladies first" he smirked knowing that I can't argue any further.
   "Okay... okay! So... how old are you?" The question has been itching at the back of my throat and I was so glad to ask him personally and not from rumors.
   "I'm just twenty. Look too manly for my age right? It's just too special, for people like me alone." He was smiling broadly now. This guy and his ego!
   "I was thinking along the lines of you look too boyish for your age but nonetheless, you look a bit okay" I know that I've hurt his ego and I was so glad but he managed to look normal.
    "Okay, how many guys have you dated in your entire eighteen years of age?" I should have known what I was getting myself into before agreeing to play this game.
     "How did you know my age?" I asked almost immediately, he must not have done a background check on me right?
      "Well, its not been too long but I remember saying seventeen one certain time and you corrected me, so?" Well that caught me by surprise. I mean, I don't even remember telling him.
    "And you say it as if you are way older than me" I scoffed at him
    "Now don't go all feisty on me and digress, just answer the damn question" what is up with him and my relationship issues? 'Its just a game Chloe, maybe he doesn't even have a question for you and he doesn't want you to feel bad.'
"That's right" I blurted out loudly and I think he heard me as he stared at me intently, blinking a few times.
   "What is?" Yeah, he heard.
   "Nothing... well, I've dated only one guy through out eighteen years of my entire life" I answered at last, it's so painful remembering that the only person you loved could betray you. But what is betrayal if it doesn't come from the ones you love? I felt it, the pain, but I was having a really nice time and I don't wish to ruin it. 
    "Am next right?" It was meant to be a rhetorical question but trust Tyler to answer anything with the words he fits normal in his dictionary.
    "Naah! The fishes in the water I guess" and we both laughed.
     "So, you said you had insomnia..." I could see confusion written all over his face even before I finished the question and he answered abruptly, giving me a shock.
    "Yeah, and I know you are curious as to how I've been sleeping for the past few days right?"
    "Uhm yeah?" What do you expect me to say?
     "I really don't know either because I can't remember the last time I slept at night... till you came." He gave me a weak smile and continued.
    "You also said that you don't go back to sleep after your nightmares but..." he needn't finish his question, I already know where he is headed.
   "Its not like I'm using your words but I guess the best words are 'I don't know'. I've never for once gone back to sleep after my nightmares but since I came here, it's been different" I stated without looking at him.
    "It's confirmed..."
   "What?" I asked confused, what is confirmed?
    "This house is haunted, there is dark mystical power in it. I've been suspecting it" he explained with all seriousness.
   "Are you kidding? Like for real?" I was shell-shocked at this revelation. I was thinking about it so hard when I heard his laughter. He was clutching his stomach and rolling on the wooden floor.
   "What's so funny?" Could it be that he lied to me? Wow, he really does need help.
    "Don't tell me you believed that crap. You need to see how you look right now. Its so sexy, a million-dollar worth look"
   "Are you serious, it's not funny" I gave him a hard look
    "Oh! Don't give me that look... you must admit that its funny" he said between laughter and started tickling me. Well, that's my cue to join because I cannot resist tickling no matter how serious I am.
    "Stop it Tyler... stop... stop... it" I was laughing hard and he was probably enjoying it since he refused to stop.
    "Pl-ea-se... please... stop it" I begged between laughter and he finally stopped. I didn't notice that we were so close until I stopped laughing and raised my eyes to find his staring hard as if searching for something. It was so intense and I didn't know when my eyes started fluttering, I could see his eyes turn a little darker from its normal ocean blue. His head was tilting sideways and coming down with his lashes hooding his eyeballs. Our breadths were mixing and there was only an inch between us or even less if I just raise my head a bit, but I couldn't. I can't do this to him, there is so much hidden between us, it wont do us any good to complicate things and I don't even know if it might just be a one-time thing for him after all he's Tyler Kings. He can kiss you and forget he ever did and I don't want to involve myself in that. So many reasons why I can't kiss him now even though every nerve in my body itches to have a feel of his lips on mine. I slowly shifted myself backwards even with half of his weight on me and I could see disappointment all over his face.

Tyler's POV 

   She was laughing so hard with her pearl white teeth showing themselves and it strangely looked cute. I couldn't stop tickling her, maybe because I wanted to feed my eyes enough before she realizes or because I just couldn't get enough of her sweet voice that sounds melodious. It felt so honey-coated, she was begging me to stop and I stopped, I didn't know when I was hovered over her and we were mere inches away from each other, those hazel-green eyes turning a bit darker green, lashes fluttering and it was so sexy I didn't know when I inched closer and just when our lips were about to meet, I sensed tension between the slight space between us and my senses kicked in. I couldn't do this to her, she deserves better and all I'm good at is breaking promises. I cannot give her false hopes and lead her on, she looks hurt considering she said that she had dated only one person in her life and she ran away from home. I gently pulled away and she did same, she must have realized that am not good for her but I can't help the pull I have towards her right from the first time I saw her speak of cliché right!. I was too ashamed to look at her and just when I turned my face around, I heard her soft whisper which could send someone to sleep with a smile in his face.
     "So, which college do you go to?" her voice was was a melodious whisper and I could hardly pick out the words she said. I instantly turned around and found her smiling sincerely as if nothing happened or was about to happen between us. I gave her a warm smile and pushed the now melted bowls of ice-cream aside.
    "University of California" I answered her and I could see shock on her face.
   "What? You thought I don't go to school? If you've heard about me then you should know that am in college and in my final year to be precise" I added since she wont say a word.
    "No! It's not like that, it's just that I also go there." She blurted out and I could now see why she had the surprised look.
    "Wow, and we've never met. Are you like the anti-social type or those nerdy-goody-two-shoes?" I gave her a wink and she shaked her head.
   "Nope, in fact am quite the opposite of that. Just had some issues in my first year that's why I didn't realize I was going to the same school as 'every girl's heart desire' she made a quotation mark with her hand at the words 'every girl's heart desire' and I smiled. This girl really has an attitude or is it just a high sense of humor? Nonetheless, I enjoy her company more than those bimbos that look like dolls always trying to take sides with you even if you are wrong. She's just... different. 
  "OK, my turn. Where do you live?" She was hesitant but she answered.
   "Beverly Hills, Los Angeles" and that gave me a shocker.
   "Are you serious, I also live there. I know its a big place but you don't even look familiar even though am trying to figure out where I've seen this face before." She shrugged and replied.
    "The world doesn't revolve around you Tyler, you are not as popular as you think you are." She was aiming at a good comeback but I had a lot in store for her.
    "Says the girl who stood dumbfounded at the mention of my name" this is so getting more interesting.
    "Well, would you blame me? What I saw was a complete opposite of what I heard girls tripping for"
    "Ouch! That hurts, right here!" I pointed to my heart and I shook a bit chuckling.
   "You have to admit that you liked in fact you like what you see"
   "Tell me something else" she said and made a wave of her long fingers.
    "And you can do anything to have this" I motioned to my body, now that I think about it, she sounds just like Anna... always retaliating, never allowing herself to be stepped on but she made a terrible mistake by falling for that monstrous bastard. The thought of her made me sad but I waved it off, I need to enjoy this precious moment.
    "Oh please! I've seen better" she is now smirking. My freaking God. This hurts my ego!
    "And you like my charming personality" I added, waiting for her comeback.
     "In your dreams" she threw back and I didn't know when I blurted out what was in my mind.
    "It's always in my dreams kitten" I saw how uncomfortable she was at my words.

    "Come on let's go make something to eat except if you plan on surviving on ice-cream for the day" she stretched out her hands for me to help her up and I happily obliged. Her long fingers felt so soft and I intertwined my much bigger ones with hers out of will. I picked up the ice-cream bowls and we entered inside walking side by side hands still intertwined and she didn't make any move of slipping them out of my hold which I was grateful for.

--------------

Aww!! This little bonding is just so cute or what do y'all think??

Pls vote. Comment & share
Luv y'all 😘