Chapter one: Holy mother of sweet potatoes

Song- Break Free by Ariana Grande

Chloe's POV

"Chloe! Wait, please stop running...everything is going to be alright, you cant keep running away from your problems. You have to face them" that was Alison, my best friend, actually they were two but the second one proved how good a friend she could be. I couldn't stay, I had to leave. I turned around and found her kneeling on the floor in front of the mansion that stood gracefully behind us, my house.

"Everything is going to be okay you say, I cant count how many times you've said that but have they gotten any better? No!" I wiped the tears that were running down my face with my hands. I don't know why I was angry at her but I was frustrated, my life was already crap. I wasn't going to cry anymore, am tired of crying, it will never help.

"Am sorry Al, I cant continue like this, just take a look at the mess I have become" I motioned to my pale body, even she could see that I wasn't looking good.
"They have ruined me Al, I can never remain the same again. They have shattered my happiness, I need to go and find it somewhere else...you've been a very good friend but your love alone cant outmatch everyone's hatred"
"But Chloe, how about your parents and me? Where will you go to by this time of the day? Do you realize its almost midnight?"
"I know and I want you to promise me that no one will know about this" I brought out my pinky finger for a pinky promise, she was hesitant about it at first but she locked our pinkies together and gave me a tight hug.
"I promise Chloe, I promise" she was also crying, I wiped her tears and turned my back to her.
"I promise to keep in touch with you just stay safe for me, am going to miss you"
"But..." I didn't allow her to finish because she was never going to finish, it had always been like that with her... how am going to miss her. With that, I started running...

Moving away from the past that haunted me during the nights and day, I ran with all the pain piercing through my heart and the sizzling wind slapping my cheeks in whispers, the clouds forming oceans around my head as I kept running away from the dark shadows that kept chasing me.

I was running away from all of them...everything that happened was never my fault but they wont believe me. It's not my fault that I'm beautiful and she's not, its also not my fault that she wasn't wealthy. I tried all my best as a friend but it was the highest I could do. And the stupid car, the stupid girl that had to cross the road at that moment, all the students...everybody...

I just clocked 17 when it all happened, everything felt like a nightmare that I needed to wake up from but sadly, it wasn't. The betrayal, the comments on my facebook account, my parents disappointment and finally her death... I was shattered, I tried living like every normal teenager but I couldn't. They wont stop pointing fingers at me and seeing them, the ones that ruined me living happily as if nothing ever happened hurts badly. I had just started college and everything had gone wrong. Nothing could be more heart breaking than that.
I had hated my birthday right from that time, it has become a dreadful event for me.

I had made my decision and there was no going back. I was going to leave them all for good and start a new life where no one knows me.

I am Chloe Woods, the beautiful, rich and fearless girl who was loved by all...but that was in the past. They all hate me now, even my parents I guess. You could imagine the pain I'm going through. So, I kept running without stopping.

Suddenly, the world began spinning and I couldn't phantom what was happening until a sharp pain pierced through my head and I passed out.

*************

I woke up to the bright sunlight that passed through the light curtains illuminating it. I stirred in the soft bed clasping the silk sheet to cover my face.

"Grace please draw the curtains and leave" I mumbled in my sleep. Grace has been my nanny since I was little, so she was like a mother to me. That was when it dawned on me...I wasn't at home, I was running and now I'm lying on a bed with silk bed spread.

"Holy mother of sweet potatoes" I gasped as I heard laughter echoing through the room.

"Wh...what did you just say? Holy mo...ther of sweet po...ta...toes" the stranger said between laughter.
Well, that caught me by surprise.

"How did I get here? Who are you? What did you do to me? What am I doing here?" I was throwing questions at him without stopping as I was oblivious of how I got here. All I could remember was running on the road at night...and that was all...everything after that was all blur. I couldn't remember a single thing about coming here.

He stopped laughing and that was when I acknowledged his looks. Standing before me is a shirtless structure which could be considered a modern day greek god in blue denim trousers, hands in pocket. He had a perfectly tanned skin with a five o'clock shadow, must have had a rough night! And a smooth jawline, deep blue eyes that held the colour of the ocean with straight pointed nose and muscular body which should be labelled x-rated. He was about 6"4 tall with full jet black hair which was the colour of night and tattoo across his upper arm and around his torso close to his ribcage making his looks just *wow*.

--------------

Please vote. Comment