Meeting in the Tracker House

"So are you going to go see Evan?" Uther asked as soon as Lydia was gone. He started to pull out leftovers from the refrigerator. My jaw dropped in response to his question.

         "Didn't you just hear your sister?" he started to pick at the chicken.

        "No she told us to break up with the Lancers. You were never dating him." I opened my mouth to argue but he was right.

        "No, I'm not." I answered shaking my head at him. "It is too risky." Uther shrugged still picking at the chicken. "Didn't you just eat dinner?"

        "I was nervous. I can't believe I came out and they were cool with it." Uther blew air out. "Damn, never thought this would happen."

       "They aren't so bad. You guys were right." I shrugged at him with a smile. Uther laughed nodding. He covered up the chicken and placed it back in the refrigerator. "I think I'm going to head up to my room. We can watch a movie."

       "Nah, I've got some grading to do." Uther and I walked to our own respective rooms. "Night." he closed his door behind him. There was a paper that I had to write so it was a good idea that I get started on it. 

Even though I was supposed to be doing research for my paper on seventeenth century vampires my mind kept wandering to Evan. Not only that but I kept glancing at the clock. There were about thirty minutes to ten. I sat up in my bed, gently closing my books.

I wanted to go but I knew that I shouldn't. But, the curiosity was killing me. For the next twenty minutes I kept deliberating if I should go or not.

At the end, I jumped out of bed and put my tennis shoes on.

"This is stupid." I whispered to myself as I opened my bedroom window. There was nobody around. For some reason I had been expecting someone to be making rounds around the Slayer House. I crouched over the windowsill and without much thought before I backed out- I jumped. 

Quietly, I landed on the balls of my feet. The night was completely dead. There weren't any birds chirping or any crickets. That was probably because there was movement on campus. Before moving, I searched the grounds around me. The Slayers were dressed in black so they would be hard to notice in the dark. Once I was sure there was nobody around, I got up and made my way in the shadows. Ahead of me I could see two people walking near each other. They weren't talking to each other. Their built was different so I knew it wasn't Eric or Louis. 

My nostrils flared as I caught whiff of Eric's cologne. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard his voice. He was talking loudly to someone feet from me. He was standing between the Slayer and Tracker Houses. The lights were still on in the Tracker House. From the looks of it they weren't following the curfew.

         "What the hell do they think they are doing?" Eric was nearly shouting at the top of his lungs. "Tell the Trackers go to bed."

         "Mr. Lancer is here." Louis responded. A harsh sound escaped my mouth.

         "Damnit, nobody follows the damn rules." He took off with a few Slayers probably to tell them to go to bed. Instead of backing away to the Slayer House my stupid brain told my feet to move in the direction of the Tracker House. There was a lot of commotion going on at the front of the Houses. Just as I approached the House, there was movement.

        "Didn't think you would show." A harsh whisper hit me. Evan came into view. He was alone but it was still making me nervous.

I reached for my knife but I realized I didn't bring anything with me. Evan stepped closer to me with his hands raised.