Chapter 19

{On the outskirts of Oklahoma/ Three days after Stan's murder}

"Bonnie, it's me Gabriel", the young man walked out of his house with a suitcase swung over his shoulder, "I need to call in a favor", he stated.

"A favor? Since when do you call in favors, Mr. Perfect-at-everything-you-do", his good friend remarked and teased on the other line.

With a quick sigh, Gabriel shook his head and hopped into his black Chevrolet, "I'm serious, please, can you help?", he insisted.

Bonnie stayed silent and the tapping of her fingertips could be heard over the phone. "Yeah, why not... But it better not be anything stupid!", she huffed. Gabriel chuckled at her response and nodded to himself as he drove toward Bonnie's office.

"Thanks I appreciate it", Gabriel smiled, "All I need is for you to track down a woman my father most recently investigated... Hopefully my old man remembered to turn in his daily reports..."

With a hearty chuckle, Bonnie immediately rolled back to her computer. "Most recently, huh? Well, according to your father's latests reports, he's been investigating more than one person", she affirmed.

Gabriel knitted his eyebrows as he slowly pulled onto the parking lot. Turning off the engine, he gazed down at the wheel in confusion. "What? A friend/partner of my father said he'd only been investigating a woman", he wondered.

Gabriel let out a heavy sigh and walked out of his car. Still on the phone, he strolled toward the office doors and found the red-haired worker at her computer.

Bonnie smiled when she noticed him enter, "look for yourself, Gabe", she chimed. "There's also initials next to the names, you might know what they mean." With a quick glance at the screen, Gabriel looked over the initials and grinned.

"SNI, dad's code for 'served no importance', most likely his failed attempts...", the sandy, brunette trailed off, "They're not all women, some of them are men too. He must have listed all the suspects he wanted to investigate as his killer...", he muttered to himself as he scanned over all the names from top to bottom.

Bonnie shifted uncomfortably in her seat and gazed into Gabriel's brooding face. She's seen that same expression on her childhood friend when he would stubbornly set his mind on something.

"...Gabe, don't tell me you're planning to finish Stan's investigation and catch the killer?", she asked with fear pooling around in her gut. Gabriel turned to look at her but stared without an answer, another perk of him that Bonnie was all too familiar with.

"That's insane!", Bonnie rose from her seat, "No, it's stupid! Complete idiocy!", she exclaimed.

Gabriel shook his head and sighed at his old friend's remark, "This person killed my father, and now, they're going to condemn for their sins!", Gabriel growled.

Bonnie suddenly flinched at Gabriel's harsh reply. Her shoulders tensed up as she noticed the hellbent expression on her friend's face. Even as terrified as she was by the dangers, she bit her tongue and held quiet, more afraid to hear Gabriel shout again.

"There", Gabriel smirked and pointed at the screen, "the name (Y/N) (L/N), the only one on his list without any initials... that must be the woman his partner mentioned before...It's her!", he laughed triumphantly.

"Pull up all her information. I want everything, her address, zip code, driver's license ID, phone number, EVERYTHING!", Gabriel ordered as Bonnie hurriedly began typing away at her computer.

As Gabriel grinned from ear to ear and excitedly watched as Bonnie pulled up tab after tab of info, the redhead secretly worried about him. On the computer screen, she could make out his reflection and notice the bloodlust circling in his eyes.