Chapter 11

{Narrator's POV}

Jack laid his elbows on the countertop and gazed curiously at the woman who walked around the kitchen with a soft smile. The sight was enough to raise suspicion in Jack. No one has ever offered to make him cookies before and he found it a bit odd that the woman he wanted so desperately to kill, would act so casual in front of him.

That's a trait he's noticed about her from all the time they've spent together. For the first couple of days she was terrified of him, but after their argument she changed the way she presented herself to him—she'd act more considerate, more genuine.

To dear ol' Jack, she reminded him of one of his kills. She acted just like the children he played so much with over the years. They'd be cautious at first, but gradually lean more toward him with a smile. Yes, now that Jack put more thought in it, it was exactly the same.

He'd find someone he wanted to kill, let them get close to him, and murder them in the end....but this time, Jack was beginning to lose interest in the last part.

He held a deep hatred towards her in the beginning, but that was probably the cause of him being too prideful. After a while, he just didn't care anymore.

"Hey Jack, they're ready!"

Jack raised his head and to his delight he saw a tray full of chocolate chip cookies. A smile spread across his face and he greedily began taking cookie after cookie until they were all gone. (Y/N) had turned around while he was doing this and the face she made when she saw that all the cookies were gone, made Jack chuckle.

"You sure have a big appetite..", she remarked as her wide eyes gawked at the empty tray in awe. Jack grinned and handed her back the tray. "Just make some more and maybe I'll forget about your meeting with that cop~", Jack remarked with a grin.

He suppressed a laugh as he watched the poor woman pout at his words. Jack didn't understand why (Y/N) was being so nice but as long as he got free sweets, it didn't matter to him. "So why were you walking in an alleyway that night?"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as she turned to face Jack and his nonchalant expression. "Uhh... Oh, you mean that night with the little boy.." Jack nodded his head and watched as (Y/N) tensed up at the memory.

The monochrome clown almost sighed as he noticed the fear in her eyes. To Jack it was nice seeing his victims cower in fear and beg him for mercy, but with (Y/N) he found it a little annoying.

"I had gotten fired from my job."

Suddenly, Jack raised his face and stared at (Y/N) with wide eyes. "Heh... Yeah, it was bad. I was depressed about it and felt like getting some fresh air. That's when I heard the boy crying and screaming for help that I instinctively ran to see what was wrong", she said with a faint smile as she recalled the night they met.

"Nosy and reckless, no wonder the cop doesn't trust you", Jack responded to her and (Y/N) merely smiled wryly at him. She scratched her head and chuckled as Jack stared her down. "So, how long have you...uhh been doing what you do..?"

The monochrome clown began to play with a pen he found on the counter as he thought about her question. He balanced the pen on the space between his nose and upper lip as he began talking. "About 200 years now, give or take a day or two", he responded casually and failed to miss the silence that clung to the air afterwards. He turned to (Y/N) and noticed her gawking.

"Did you honestly think I was only a few years older than you? Gumdrop, you're a new born baby compared to me", Jack mockingly said and earned a sigh from (Y/N). "That long huh..?", she mumbled under her breath and began to stare down at the floor.