We exchange pleasantries before Vulcan takes the keys off him and bid him goodbye as I hurriedly get into the warm vehicle, making me sigh in relief. With a slight jerk, we pull away from the curb and begin our journey towards the lodge. Anchorage is around six hours away from Fairbanks but since the lodge is built between the two areas, we only have to drive for three hours to reach our destination.

I gaze out of the window with a soft smile, loving how snow has covered the ground in a thick blanket. People on the streets are wrapped up in warm, winter clothing as they go about their day to day routine. I marvel at the Christmas lights and decorations in Fairbanks before it's all left behind as we drive out of the area.

"How long are we staying here?" I murmur in curiosity, taking in the breath-taking surroundings. "And when will the others be joining us?"

"Bored of me so soon, Котёночек?" Vulcan teases in reply, his warm and large hand making its way to grasp my thigh whilst he drives. (Little kitten.)

"No! I-I was just asking...I didn't mean to -"

"Relax, mea lux. I'm just kidding." He hushes, soothing my panic. "And to answer your question, we're staying here for a week. The others will be joining us on Tuesday afternoon and we will return on Sunday night, two days after Christmas." (My light.)

I nod slowly, grabbing the blanket from behind before curling up on the seat as a quiet yawn escapes my lips. I gaze out of the window at the passing scenery with sleepy eyes. The radio plays an unfamiliar tune in the background softly, Vulcan's fingers drumming on the steering wheel occasionally indicating that it's a language he understands. I smile softly at how relaxed he is right now, for once he looks like his age, stress free with the weight of the world off his shoulders.

"I love you, Vulcan." I mumble sleepily, closing my eyes and snuggling further into the seat.

I feel the car slow to a stop, guessing that there are traffic lights, before feeling a pair of lips press against mine and his hand tucking my hair behind my ear. "And I love you, Aurora."

***

When we finally reach the lodge, it's evening, yet the lodge is lit up and spilling a warm glow onto its lush lawns that are hidden by a blanket of snow. I can see evergreen trees surrounding its wooden structure, with the roof covered in white and one of the chimneys expelling smoke into the air.

It looks like something out of a fairy tale and I'm loving every second of it as I make my way to the entrance, careful not to slip on the mushy snow just by the door. There are about four garages, two on either side, where Vulcan has parked the car into the nearest one, with windows upon windows above them, each bedroom accompanied by its own beautifully intricate balcony. Inside is just as luxurious as the outside but with a homey feel to it. The lodge is decorated to perfection and I can sense a feminine touch in most of the place.

Plopping down onto the furry rug between the two couches in the living room, I hum in content as my body welcomes the warmth of the fire that is currently burning brightly. I sense him before I feel him sit down behind me with his legs on either side of my body, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck before kissing my mark sweetly. Moaning softly at the pleasure I feel from his touch, I lean my head back so that it now rests on his broad shoulder.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks quietly after a while, curling his arms around my waist and squeezing tightly before relaxing his hold.

"Just reflecting on the past few months." I murmur, grasping one of his hands in my own and marveling at how small mine is compared to his. "What we went through...I can't imagine my life without you now. It's funny how life works, isn't it?"