I Want To Take Your Name

Lauren slowly made her way to her desk in her suite office. Work had been claiming all the time she had sacrificed for her to spend time with Camila after giving birth to Luna. But her eyes had no interest in the papers requiring some reading and signing as she saw the picture frame that contained a photo of Camila and Luna she secretly took.

She took the frame and traced their figures, eliciting a smile from her lips. Lauren looked at the clock on her table, it was already 8 in the evening, and the last time she had seen Camila was at lunch. Though she had been working at home, it still felt like she was away at her real office.

Work could wait in the morning.

It wasn't long before Lauren started walking towards the nursery, the exhaustion slowly making its way out of her body with every step she took closer to her destination. Seeing the door, the last few steps were skipped as she opened the door after knocking.

And as Lauren looked inside the room, she was struck by sincere perfection. She watched as Camila settled down on the bed with Luna cradled close to her chest. Camila's small hands were enough to protect the little bundle of love she held, stroking her face with most care, bonding their souls in the most intimate level as mother and child. Then, Luna stirred closer to Camila's chest, and Lauren swore she had heard her exhale a breath of delight, very much elated to be in the arms of her mother.

And when the mother's eyes had travelled from the baby towards her own, Lauren had held a silent conversation with her that would be at par to a loud reminder of the joy they have found in their love, in their daughter, in each other. And there was nothing more intimate and treasured than being understood and felt by another.

Camila beamed at Lauren, and she had never been more grateful for what had brought them together, may it be fate, destiny, nature, even the pain they both endured. She was grateful they all led to Camila and Luna.

Lauren entered the room and laid on her side beside Camila, her face close to hers as she propped her head on her elbow. "Can I?" She soothingly ran her hand over Luna's arm. Without any more thoughts, Camila slowly transferred the baby on Lauren's chest, Luna's cheek pressed skin to skin with Lauren's chest.

Camila shifted a little space backwards, letting the moonlight through the window fall on their bodies. Love was what she saw as Lauren placed her hand against Luna's back to sing a lullaby in her ears. Her daughter and her lover, she had completely given herself to them, no chains holding her back, no fear, no hesitations. Their love had been growing without limitations nor conditions, pure and honest in itself.

"Is it weird that she looks a lot like me?" Lauren whispered as a smile formed by her lips, showing enough teeth.

"No, I think it's fascinating. A Lauren and a mini-Lauren. I love both." As Camila spoke, her smile was full of bliss and delight, resting her head on Lauren's shoulder while holding Luna's small hand altogether. "You and Luna make up all the reasons why I live."

Being far away from each other was wrong. Laying side by side did more than all words could ever say about them. The simplicity of it had bore love and trust as the strong foundations of their journey together.

"You know," Camila spoke after a long pause, "after knowing that Mateo is married, I never thought I could be someone's only choice. I never thought I could ever be someone's 'the one'."

Lauren's eyes met with Camila's for a moment before they shared a soft kiss. When she broke apart from it, Lauren spoke with her voice's own unique gentleness. "You have to get use to that, then. 'Cause you're my choice, my only one. You don't make my life perfect, but you make every breath I take worth every second I lose. You make every night worth every morning that disappears. You make every heartbreak worth the love you have given me."