Chapter 11

Camila.  

        After spending so much of my time in school, it was finally over...well sort of. I'd still be in school just not as a student. This would be my fifth and last time wearing a cap and gown, well sixth if you count my kindergarten graduation. I should have been happy to have two degrees and a promising career, a wonderful family and of course my incredible girlfriend but instead I felt discouraged. I'm sure being a professor will be great but it wasn't what I set out to be when I first decided to become a writer. I wanted to write about love and travel the world. I didn't want to be confined to a desk for the next 40 years. I was bringing myself down again and I couldn't let that happen, today was a happy day.

Think happy thoughts.

Lauren entered my bedroom and said, "Camz, we should get going if we want to be there on time." She looked absolutely gorgeous as always. I found it a bit odd that she was overly dressed up in a navy blue suit with a pink button down shirt underneath, Her hair looked great not a single hair out of place and her eyes looked the lightest shade of green today. I guess professors in attendance were required to dress up.

I asked her, "Okay, how do I look?" While I looked at myself in the full body mirror. I was wearing the Oglia Loro Long sleeve white lace design Evening Couture Dress with a pair of Christian Louboutin Cross Me Platform Sandals that Lauren bought for me. It was way to expensive and I asked her not to but she insisted, she said this day was going to be a great one and that I should feel and look great throughout it. My mother agreed because she had taken me out earlier to get a pedicure and manicure along with getting my hair and makeup done. I didn't get what the big fuss was, I was literally going to be on that stage for 12.5 seconds nobody was going to notice my hands or my feet. But they insisted so I went along with it.

She walked up behind me, we made eye contact through the mirror. "Stunningly beautiful." She places a light kiss on my cheek.

Five months ago when Lauren took me to the cemetery to introduce me to Kinsley and her father, things changed for the better. Our relationship was already great and that trip only helped us become closer. She had improved so much over these past five months she was happier, and more sociable. It was a side of Lauren I'd never seen before. Of course like any normal couple we had fights, mostly petty ones but nothing we didn't resolve at the end of each night.

My mother always had sort of baby timer on me and last month it ran out. She expected me to be married with children or at least pregnant by the time I turned 26. Last month I celebrated my 26th birthday and I wasn't sure what to expect from her these day considering she'd spend most of my adult life trying to get me to find a good man and settle down and when I found Lauren, she spend her time trying to get us to get married and have babies but as of late she had yet to mention any of it, which I found strange. I was almost certain she'd say something to me that day, but when she didn't I was shocked to say the least.

We had no time to enjoy our few minutes alone because we were already running late. We held hands throughout the drive to the area where the ceremony would be held. It was a cleared out grass area with a great view of the ocean. When we got there Lauren walked me to my designated seat.

"I'm so proud of you camz," she leaned down and kissed me. "I love you baby." She whispered into my lips.

I whispered back. "I love you." I captured her lips in a small kiss.

She pulled away and smiled at me, then went to take her seat next to our families.

If you've ever attended a graduation ceremony you know it's boring and long as hell. I won't put you through that suffering so I'll skip to the important stuff.