Chapter 3

Camila

It's Wednesday night, two days after Lauren and I's argument at my front door. I haven't heard from her, I haven't tried reaching out to her either. I've been going to work and coming home and locking myself in, ignoring everyone including Ryan. He's been wanting to hang out since I got back but I haven't felt up to it. I feel like a total asshole because I'm literally pining over another person while I'm dating him.

I've got my banana ice cream, comfiest blanket, the tv playing the bachelor and an honorary glass of red wine. Let's get this pity party started!

Just as I'm getting the comfiest one can be, there's a knock at my door. I wish I could just yell out 'come in' but for all I know it could be some sort of serial killer, so unfortunately I have to leave the comfiness behind and get up and answer the door. The second my door is slightly open someone is pushing their way in and moving straight towards me. Before I know it her lips are all over mine, and it takes a few seconds for my mind to catch up to what's going on and I push her away.

"What the hell do you think your doing?!" I yell out at Lauren.

"I miss you." Is the first thing that leaves her lips.

"Lauren" I sigh. "I can't go back to...I don't even know what to call whatever we were doing before." I say honestly. That alone should be a big sign that what your doing isn't something good.

"I know. I figured it out." She says with a light in her eyes. Is she inferring what I think she is? "Can I be completely honest with you?" She asks, and I nod quickly. "I've never been in a relationship before, I don't know how any of it works, or how things are and I've never had the slightest interest in being in one...until I met you. That night you told me you were on a date, I had this terrible feeling in my stomach. I almost thought I'd caught a bug or something but it turns out I just hated the idea of you with somebody else. Then you came home and said it was just sex between us and I know it's improbable but it felt like my heart dropped down to my gut. I've never felt any of this with anyone, it's always been just about the sex. I've never felt the need to want more, until you." She says, and I can  hear the sincerity and honesty in her voice, I can see the confusion and slight understanding of all these new feelings and emotions she's experiencing. "I'm sorry for not realizing it sooner. Look I know your seeing someone now, and I understand if I'm too late but I just needed you to know that, yes we did only ever have sex but it was never just sex with you. It was so much more." She finishes off, and I don't have to think about it for another second. So I grab her by the collar of her shirt and kiss her. She's a caught a little off guard but eventually catches up to my rhythm and joins me in on one of our best kisses so far.

"It took you long enough." I whisper into her lips, going back in for more.

"Was this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?" I ask playfully after we end the kiss.

"Damn it! I knew I was forgetting something." She says in realization..."Camila will you be my girlfriend?" She asks, words that are music to my ears.

"Yes i'd love to be your girlfriend." I say excitedly . I know we have a few things to work out like her distant behavior, go on an actual first date and I have to let Ryan down easily but these are not things I want to worry about right now.

"Okay." She says smiling down at me. "So now that your my girlfriend, what should we do?" She asks, I can tell this isn't her way of being playful, she's asking this in the most serious way.