Chapter 4

Camila

          I couldn't help but be upset when I woke up that morning to find a stupid note instead of my girlfriend. I knew she still didn't fully understand all the things that came with being in a relationship so I couldn't exactly hold it against her. And I know what your thinking, shouldn't it be common sense to know you should share these things. Yes but Lauren was a special case and things like this weren't apart of her common sense. It didn't mean I would let her get away with it, I would talk to her about it when she got back.

It was Saturday afternoon and Dinah had shown up at my apartment unexpectedly, wanting to go do some shopping. So we headed out to the mall and walked around for a few hours until we ended up at the food court. She caught me up on how her classes were going, and such. She was excited to almost be done with college unlike Lauren, normani and I, Dinah didn't plan on teaching at the university, she wanted to be a high school drama teacher which is why she was only getting her bachelors degree.  I was earning my masters degree because I was hoping once my novels took off, I would quit teaching and begin traveling. Unlike Normani who was working towards her doctorate, because she wanted to advance in her teachings and her writing.

"Okay so catch me up on your life? I feel like the last time we saw each other was at dinner at your place." She asked me, and cringed as she recalled our awkward dinner.

"My classes have been good so far and I'm sort of starting to get used to teaching." I answered, knowing this isn't what she wanted to know. Lauren had given me the okay on whether or not We wanted us to be public but it didn't mean I was just going to blurt it out to anybody who asked how I was doing. If Dinah brought it up I would tell her but I wasn't going to go out of my way to mention it to her.

"That's good, but let's get to the good stuff. Are you still dating doctor hottie?" She asked referring to Ryan.

"No I ended things with him." I answered, cringing a bit at how awkward that call had been. He was a nice guy but he wasn't the one I wanted.

"I see, so by that Im going to go ahead and assume you and Lauren picked off where you left off." She said nonchalantly, causing me to choke on my own spit. I wondered how Dinah knew but then I remember Lauren and normani's fight and realized she must have told Dinah. She seemed to know what I was thinking. "I had my suspicions but it wasn't confirmed until I asked mani about the whole fight thing."

"I would have told you but even I didn't know what it was." I said truthfully, because Dinah had become one of my closest friends here and I trusted her enough to share things with her but at the time I was so confused I didn't know what I could say.

"So what exactly is going on between you two anyway?" She asked, unfazed by the idea that she might be prying.

"We're in a relationship." I answered. "She asked me to be her girlfriend about a week ago." I added, making sure she knew this was fairly new.

"It's great to hear that Lauren's finally making some sort of commitment, and I'm really glad it's with you Camila. Over the past couple of months that I've gotten to know you, I can tell your exactly what our Ralph needs." Dinah said sincerely, surprising me. The nickname took me by surprise but I figured they had some inside joke.

"Thank you, I appreciate that." I said just as sincerely.

"Oh my god!" She yelled out. "We should totally have a double date!" She suggested, but it seemed more like she was telling me rather than asking.

Considering things between normani and Lauren didn't go well last time, it made me slightly nervous to agree to it, besides I still needed to ask Lauren if she'd be up for it. And seeing as right now she was off the grid, not responding to my text or answering my calls I had no way of asking her. This would be her punishment for ignoring me. "I think that's a great idea! Let's set it up!" I said with a sly grin.