Chapter 8

[Before you being it's very important that you read this and every other writing that's in bold. It will help you keep up with the point of views and timeline. Also everything written in italics is a flashback so keep that in mind. I'm also going to put a trigger warning because it talks about some heavy topics ⚠️]

Lauren. 

"Wait what?!" I heard Camila and sofi say at the same time. Sofi instantly stopped her attack on me and normani was quick to get her off me. I couldn't defend myself against a 16 year old girl so I laid there and took it. All this happened between the span of a minute or two but it felt like much much longer than that. I spit out the blood that was collecting inside my mouth, due to the cut inside my inner cheek. I could feel my face throbbing, this young girl had some powerful punches.

I had no idea what they said to get her to stop her assault on me but I didn't care, She had no right to accuse me of something as low as cheating, and then attack me without giving me a chance to counter with a defense. I stood up and brushed the dirt and grass of my body.

"What do you mean daughter?!" Camila spoke again when the crowd stood silent. I was completely confused, so I looked over at Normani for answers.

"Sofi attacked you because she thought you had cheated on Camila with Kins, when she wouldn't listen to reason your brother blurted out that Kinsley is your daughter." She explained to me. This whole thing was a mess, from the moment I got home to now, I really wish I was back in the islands.

I had no idea what to say or what to do, my feet felt like they'd been buried in concrete and my lips were sealed shut. I had assured Camila that I was and would not cheat on her with anybody. When she asked about Kinsley I made it pretty clear I couldn't talk to her about it yet but it was absolutely nothing like she was imagining. Why would she convince herself and her sister otherwise? Me having a daughter was never meant to be a secret, if the people around me avoid the topic it's because they know I don't talk about it. I was going to tell Camila all about her eventually, when I felt ready and right now in this moment I don't feel ready at all. So I decided to walk away.

Talking about her, makes me think more about her than I already do and thinking about her makes me miss her more than I already do and missing her hurts, it hurts a lot. I can't deal with Camila or her family right now when thoughts of my daughter are swarming my mind. And I know it's all down hill from here.

As I'm about to shut the door to my home, Camila's hands stop it from closing.

"How dare you walk away?! How could you keep something so huge from me?! A daughter Lauren! You have a daughter and you didn't say shit to me! We have known each other for a year now and not once did you think "hey this is important information maybe I should tell my fucking girlfriend." What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She yelled profanities at me.

"Camila, I need you to leave." I asked as politely as possible.

"No! Not until you explain yourself to me!" She stood her ground stubbornly.

"I don't have to explain myself to you, now please leave my home." I said feeling my anger boil over, usually I had better control of my emotions but when it came to her I couldn't think straight even if I tried.

"You do!" She said stepping closer to me, and giving me a good sturdy slap across the face. "I wasted a year on you! You own me much more than an explanation!" She yelled right into my face.