The Game of Love Chapter 43

This is the last chapter, but no worries, I have an epilogue (so technically, this isn't really the last chapter). And since I don't like how I ended this chapter, the epilogue will end this story so much better. I'm sorry it's short and seems slightly...rushed...but I don't want to drag it either so I hope you like it! xD Vote, comment, fan and just give me some feedback! xD

--------------------------------------------------------

Sarah:

“How do I look?” I asked my parents, tugging at my navy blue gown and cap. My hair was in its usual soft curls and there was only a small application of makeup. I wore black shoes with heels about an inch high, and my nails were done. French tips and black, floral designs. My skin was slightly tan from going on beach dates with Leon.

Finally, after five minutes of gaping at my appearance, my mom had replied with a warm smile, “You look like a successful and gorgeous girl ready to get her diploma.”

I smiled back. I really felt successful that I’ve finished my four years of high school and earned an advanced diploma. And to top it all off, I managed through all the maddening drama of my senior year, dealing with Leon, Seth, and Laurie in ways I couldn’t imagine. Yet it’s kind of funny how my parents never seemed to realize or catch on to the drama I got myself into for the past seven/eight months or so.

Finally, I left the parking lot after a final checking with my parents on how I looked and met up with my fellow classmates. And after a bit of socializing with my friends and Leon, we were told to line up alphabetically. The sad part was that I won’t get to sit next to any of my friends. Ferron. Houston. Langley. Winrey. Plus, I was in the very back, so I had to wait after hundreds of people have been called. I was the second to last person.

After filing in with “Pomp and Circumstance” playing in the background, we seated ourselves in this huge room in the convention center. At the very beginning, I hardly paid any attention to the speeches. Not to be disrespectful or anything, but I just really wanted to get my diploma already. Not to mention, the place was just too congested and hot for me to want to wait for like an hour or two for my name to be called up.

There were just so many people, and it just heated the place even more. I basically needed a water bottle at my feet and a fan to cool myself off. Heck, everyone felt that way.

Finally, the first row of students lined up to the right side of the stage, and the first name was called. “Louis Abernathy.” The girl with dyed red hair and green eyes stepped up to the stage and shook hands with the principal, got her diploma, and walked off.

“Greg Aires.” And to my right, Luke Warner clenched his fists so much that the knuckles were white. I didn’t say anything though.

After about fifty or so names, the voice boomed again, “Leon Ferron.” And without even realizing it, I got on my feet and started cheering for him. I was probably the loudest out of everyone. His head turned to the crowd, and he smiled at me merrily. What didn’t surprise me was seeing that his parents and Damien weren’t here to watch his graduation. For that split second, I felt bad for Leon, and then I just became infuriated at his parents and brother.

Once ten names were called up, Leanne Houston filled my ears and Sophia and I got on our feet, cheering for her. The same went for when Sophia went on. And once it got to the M’s I wondered about when Seth’s name would be called if he was here. I still missed my dear best friend. When Leila’s name was called up, everyone got on their feet and cheered for her, but Luke was the loudest of them all. And when it came to Laurie, I stifled a laugh when only her family clapped for her, but it was more of a short, silent clap.