Chapter One.

Anastasia

I found myself sitting in the back of the library during my free period with my history book finishing up my homework.

I guess you could say I was the nerdy type. You can always catch me with a book in hand, nobody picks on me because they clearly just ignore me so I go unnoticed at this school.

Humming to myself lightly I wiped eraser pieces off of my pink spaghetti strap floral dress.

I heard a chair scrape next to me and I didn't have to look up to know that my only friend around here kierra or Key as I call her sat down.

"Hello there." I said softly closing my book and stuffing them in my bag.

"Hey girl why you all the way back here?"

"I just don't like being around people." I said barely above a whisper.

Which is true, I'm a very shy girl and I'm always nervous around people I don't know.

If I don't know you, I won't talk. No disrespect, just the shyness in me.

She nodded while getting up and leaving the library with me.

"You remember about that guy I was telling you about?" She questioned while I opened my locker.

"Yes, the older man right?" I spoke softly exchanging my history book for my binder.

Her eyes lit up at the mention of him.

"Yes! He really wants to hangout with me but I dont want to alone. Soooo I was wondering maybe if you could come along with us?" She mumbled the last part but I still heard.

My eyes widen.

"No no. I can't."

She pouted. "Please please please Ana." I started feeling bad.

"Okay." I whispered.

She grinned and started dragging me out the school.

"Cool cause he's picking us up."

I stopped dead in my tracks as my eyes widen.

"Like right now? Key.."

"I know I know but I promise Trey's a sweetheart." She sighed as she was thinking of him.

I sat on the bench outside the school doors as my hands stared fidgeting. I was getting nervous.

10 minutes later a blue Honda civic pulls in and drive towards us and parks.

Key jumps out and ushers to the front seat while I lag behind and get in the back.

"Hello there." I softly spoke hoping he heard me.

He looks at me thru the rear view mirror and smiles.

They enter into a conversation that I honestly didn't care for. Something about getting 'turnt'.

As I gazed out the window I see we were heading downtown as I grew even more nervous, the crime rate in New Orleans is nothing funny.

Just this morning before school there was a double murder. I never come here.

"Aye we going to my boy Kings spot to chill. That alright?" Trey asks mostly to Key.

She smiles at him in response as I sighed.

This isn't what I had in mind.

He turned down 25th ave where the street had a select few of decent houses.