Chapter Twenty ✓

THE NEWBORN

ALL NOVA COULD DO was wait for a whole two days. She could only wait for the moment her cousin would wake up from the vampire coma.

The moment she would officially be dead.

Her heart wouldn't be beating, she won't eat human food anymore, or breathe, or even sleep.

She'll just be a vampire. 

Another vampire living in Forks Washington. 

Nova never thought this day would come.

What's she going to tell Charlie?

She can't tell him the truth - the Volturi will find out and he'd be dead just as much as his own daughter is. It hurts her so much to think that Charlie has lost his own daughter forever.

Nova would never be able to live with that consequence. She just couldn't. Chewing on her nail, her eyes met Renesmee's, who was being held in Rosalie's arms. Rosalie walked over to Nova and Nova shook her head. Rosalie met Nova's eyes and frowned. Renesmee reached for Nova, but Nova moved out of the way from her and turned her head. 

She doesn't want to hold the thing that killed her cousin, even though it was Bella's choice.

She could have lived and been human with her, but she chose death over her younger cousin and family. Nova gets that Bella wants to be with Edward forever. Forever is a long time, especially when you're a vampire. When Nova grows old, and Bella will still look eighteen and beautiful.

When Charlie's gone, she'll still look young and beautiful. Nova turned her head away from the fetus, her eyes darting to the hall where she saw Bella and Edward walk in. Jacob wanted to make sure that Bella was okay with his scent before she got to held Renesmee and also see Nova.

Bella was stunning. Her features were so different. It was all too intense. Nova tried to hold back the tears, and she did. Bella's hair was longer. It was a little darker then before.

Her eyes were a bright red which made Nova cringe. Her skin was glowing, her figure could be in magazine for a swim wear issue. "Nova," Bella said, looking at her cousin and smiled a little.

"H-hi." She didn't really say anything else. To be honest, Nova didn't know what to say to her period. Her cousin was dead, and she was a vampire. Nova couldn't do anything to change that.

Bella could sense the uncomfortableness that surrounded Nova. She frowned, her eyes finding her daughters. "Welcome to the family." Esme said. The rest of the Cullen's were standing in the room. "You look amazing, Bella." Alice said with a smile. Nova licked her lips, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you."

"Rose."

Rosalie turned and walked over to Bella with the baby, a smile showing on her face.

Renesmee already looks a few months old, her growth rate is unpredictable. They don't know how long she'll be there for, all the Cullen's are worried.

Rosalie hands the baby to Bella, Bella took her and held Renesmee in her arms. Renesmee reached her tiny hands up to Bella's cheek, Nova stared, watching. A few moments passed, Nova couldn't tell what was going on.

"What was that?" Bella asked, amazement in her voice. It must be pretty unbelievable. "She showed you the first memory she has of you." Edward said, a smile playing on his lips.

"Showed me? How?"

"How do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future? She's gifted, Bella." 

Nova's eyes widened. Bella examines her baby's teeth, lifting down her lower lip and furrowing her eyebrows. "I've only been out for two days?" Bella shot a look at Carlisle, he sighed.

"Her growth rate is unpredictable."

Jacob took a step closer, Nova could feel the tension already growing in the room. "All right. That's enough experimenting for one day."

Nova raised an eyebrow, folding her arms and watching from the sidelines. "Jacob. She's doing great." Edward encouraged his wife.

"Yeah, let's not push it, though." "What's your
Problem?" Bella asked, with ice cold in her voice. Nova looked at the ground, then back up to where Bella and Jacob stood. "Oh. Do tell her, Jacob." Rosalie said smirking, she pats on Jacobs arm. "This should be good." Emmett comments, grinning, he stole a glance towards Nova.

"Hold on a second."

Edward reached for his daughter and took her in his arms. Feeling nervous, Nova went to go stand beside Esme. She does not know what's going to happen, anything could. Bella's senses are all heightened, she's the strongest vampire in the house right now. "Bella, look, it's a wolf thing..." Jacob said, putting his hands up and trying to reassure her.

"What's a wolf thing?" Bella growls.

"Um... you know we have no control over it, and we can't choose who it happens with. And... and it doesn't mean what you think, Bella. I promise." Nova noticed that Bella's face turned into anger right away. Edward went to stand behind her and placed a hand on her back shoulder.

"Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you." Nova's eyes widened, her heart raced. Edward took his hand away from his wife and Bella glared at Jacob. Without warning, Bella reached for Jacobs shirt collar and dragged him outside.

"Bella!" Nova yelled.