Chapter Two ✓

THE PACK

NOVA WOKE UP TO the sound of Charlie's foot steps coming from downstairs.

Bella came home late last night. She had to go to the Cullen's place again later on today for more wedding preparations. Nova is going to get dropped off at there place around 4:00, by whoever can give her a ride. Charlie noticed that his niece woke up. The pizza box and their plates were still on the living room table from last nights dinner, which they didn't clean up. Nova was still tired, but she wanted to do things today. 

"Morning, Nova," Charlie said, sending her a smile.

Nova groaned, stretching her arms in the air before she got up and threw her blankets off her. Charlie chuckled at her laziness, but couldn't help to keep the smile on his face. 

"Morning." Nova replied.

Nova checked outside the window. It didn't seem that rainy today, which was good. She thinks everybody in Forks needed a break from the rain.

Nova's feet hit the cold floor, her arms still stretched out. She slept with a sweater on, along with her joggers, and a white baggy t-shirt with her hair in a bun. She got up and fixed the couch so it didn't look as messy as if she slept there. Once she did that her and Charlie cleaned up their dinner from last night. 

Charlie took the pizza box while Nova cleared the plates and glasses. The two of them brought them in the kitchen, setting them down on the counter. Nova didn't get to see Bella last night, she probably came home around 12:00, and of course Nova was already fast asleep. Charlie and his niece both heard Bella walking down the stairs. She was already dressed, and Nova had a big smile on her face. 

"Nova, I missed you so much." Bella walked over and wrapped her arms around her cousin. Nova did the same. "It's so good to see you, Bells." Nova said back, happy to see her cousin again. "I saw you on the couch last night, but I didn't want to wake you. You looked pretty tired." Bella chuckled. Nova laughed, nodding her head and pulling away from the brunette. 

"Yeah. I was pretty tired, actually." The two brunettes talked and started cooking breakfast.

Bella got the eggs out of the fridge and Nova started cooking bacon. "You girls got this? I gotta go get ready for work," Charlie said. He held a fresh cup of coffee in his hands. "Yeah, we got this," Nova grinned at Bella, while the bacon began sizzling in the pan. 

Once Charlie left the room the girls had a major conversation. Mostly about how Bella was feeling about the wedding, which was in two days. Alice and Edward's family were getting everything prepped and ready to go today. Though, it wouldn't take them that long anyways. 

Once breakfast was made Bella and Nova each grabbed a plate. "Dad, its ready!" Bella called to Charlie. Minutes later Charlie came down with his uniform on and sat at the table with the girls.

Nova took a sip of her orange juice, loving the flavour of it while Bella poured herself a glass and took a sip.

The Swan's started eating breakfast together as a family. 

                                 -

After the Swan's were done breakfast Charlie helped the girls clean up since they did all the cooking.

When the kitchen was finally clean, Nova and Bella went upstairs. "So... I can drop you off at the Rez, then Charlie can pick you up later." Bella said.

Bella was excited that her cousin was staying with them until she moved out. It gave her something else to think about besides the big wedding Alice was planning for her and Edward. With Nova being there it took her thoughts somewhere else. "Alright, sounds great," Nova smiled. Bella nodded. 

"Sounds like a plan." Nova smiled at her cousin.

"Sounds like a plan." Bella repeated. 

                                  -

The drive to La Push Nova was nervous to see everybody again. Bella wasn't staying with her, she wasn't exactly the most wanted person on the Rez right now. Nova was nervous to see the other people again. The pack, Emily and Sam. 

She knows their secrets so they don't have to hide or lie in front of her. It'll just be different. 

A whole lot different. She knows that they will never hurt her, she'd be stupid to even think about that. 

Nova looked out the window and stared at the gloomy sky. The clouds were out in La Push, other than that there was still some sun. When they crossed the sign saying that they were officially in La Push, Nova's heart started racing and beating out of her chest. 

She didn't know why she was so nervous, she saw them the last time she was here. Except for one person, she didn't know if he'd be there or not. When they pulled up to Sam and Emily's place Bella parked the truck and kept the ignition running. "Charlie will come by around 3, then he'll drop you off at Alice's." Bella said. 

Nova nodded, fiddling with her fingers. "Yeah, sounds good." "Are you sure you're okay? I would stay but-" "but you're not wanted?" Nova finished her sentence. "Exactly..." The eldest trailed off with a sigh. 

Nova took a deep breath, and said goodbye to Bella before she got out of the orange faded truck, which was given to her by Billy Black a while ago. As Bella pulled out of the driveway it wasn't moments until Nova noticed the whole pack running out of Sam and Emily's little red house.