Chapter Thirteen ✓

SETTLING IN & SLEEPOVERS

THE NEXT MORNING NOVA was awaken by Charlie's coffee maker running from the down-stairs kitchen.

Letting out a small sigh, she rolled over and hit her body with what felt like a large boulder. Seth was sleeping there peacefully, his head laying down on his arms. Her eyes widened, realizing that Seth and her both fell asleep in her bed last night while they were unpacking Nova's belongings.

"Seth," Nova whispered, bringing a hand up and shaking his shoulder blade. Not bulge woke him up, he didn't even flinch or shift in the position he was in.

"Seth," Nova said, only this time a little louder.

"Mhm." Was Seth's reply.

"Leave me alone, Leah." He groaned. Raising an eyebrow, Nova took her fingers and flicked Seth in the forehead. He quickly woke up, jumping off the bed without realizing where he was.

"Nova?"

"Surprise." She grinned.

Nova sat up and Seth looked around the room where the empty boxes were sprawled across the floor everywhere. There were still a few left, other than that most of the boxes were gone.

He rubbed his eyes tiredly, he lazily laid back down on the bed. "You didn't have to flick me," Seth pouted, rubbing his forehead with his hand. Nova giggled, laying back down next to Seth. "You weren't waking up. You left me no choice. I'm sorry, but not really." She grinned.

"You could have..." He trailed off. "No, Seth," Nova giggles. Seth heard Charlie coming upstairs. "What?" Nova asked. Seth got off the bed and headed towards the window.

"Charlie's coming. Meet me downstairs. I'll knock on the door." Nova chuckled, getting off her bed and walking to the window. "Nova?" Charlie's voice asked from the doorway. "Um, just a second!" "Go!" Nova whispered, practically shoving Seth out of the window.

"Alright, alright."

"Wait," Nova said, looking around her room.

She found a grey shirt for Seth, and it belonged to her Dad. She has kept it ever since. Now she doesn't want it anymore. "You can't come to my doorstep with no shirt on Seth, here." Nova tossed the shirt to Seth, he caught it and slipped it over his toned body. Nova couldn't help but to look as he did. Grinning, he began climbing out the window.

"Hang on, uncle Charlie. I'm just waking up," Nova said. Seth started climbing down the tree, Nova poked her head out the window, her brown hair flowing down the sides. "Okay." Charlie said from the doorway. Seth made it to the ground and looked up at his imprint with a smile. Nova waved and he turned to hide behind the house. She skipped to her door and opened it.

"Morning," Nova smiled, Charlie handed Nova a mug. "Hot chocolate. Thought you might like that."

"Thank you." Nova took the mug and placed it on her desk. She let Charlie walk in her room and he looked around. He flicked on the light and sighed.

"Did you stay up all night Nova?" Nova looked down then back up at her uncle.

"Erm, yes?"

"You did this all by yourself?"

Nova nodded. No, my friend Seth the werewolf helped me. He climbed up the freakin' tree to my bedroom window. "Well, I'm glad you're settling in." Nova noticed his police uniform on and his badge, and he must be leaving soon. "You going to work?" Nova asked. "Yes, I'm leaving now. You can eat whatever you want in the house."

"There's eggs in the fridge and bacon in the freezer," Nova nodded when he said, "Or left-over pizza."

"Sounds good." Charlie walked out of the door. "See you around 5." "See ya." Nova waved, grinning.

-

Once Charlie left, Nova had a quick shower and reapplied her makeup for the day. She straightened her hair and got dressed, putting on her favourite brown boots.

She finished getting ready then headed downstairs.

Running a hand through her straightened hair, Charlie was gone so she could just let Seth inside.

Smiling, Nova opened the door and Seth stood there with her Dad's old T-shirt on. "Hi," she smiled. "Hi."

Nova moved out of the way so Seth could come in.

She shut the door,  her and Seth made they're way to the kitchen. He went over to the fridge and opened it. "Go ahead, make yourself at home," Nova laughed, grabbing some bread out of the cupboard.

Seth grabbed the left-over pizza out of the fridge that Charlie mentioned earlier, began to eat it. Nova threw the bread back in the cupboard and took a slice of pizza instead. The two sat at the small table which was in the corner of the kitchen and ate pizza for breakfast, which was now pretty much lunch.

"Thanks for helping me unpack," Nova smiled, wiping her mouth with a napkin. "Yeah, anytime. You need help with anything I'm always here." Seth and her enjoyed a nice breakfast. They talked, ate, finished unpacking the rest of the boxes that Nova had.

Her room was finally finished and she couldn't be more happy about it. It was her room. Hers. All hers.

With Seth's help she got it done quickly. She had old photos and a few posters hanging on the wall. Her jewelry and perfumes were in the correct spot where they needed to be. She had her own bedding and her own pillows. For the rest of the day her and Seth watched movies on her laptop and ate popcorn. They talked, laughed, and occasionally threw popcorn at each other back and fourth until Charlie came home.

You could say that it was a good day.