Chapter Three ✓

THE IMPRINT

THE IMPRINT

SETH CLEARWATER WAS HELPING Emily finishing up the last remnant of the dishes.

He was usually the always one to help, while the rest were either playing football outside or having a nap on their breaks from a long day of patrol.

"Thank you again, Seth. You really didn't have to." Emily's sweet voice rang through Seth's ears. Seth chuckled, placing a plate away in the cupboard. "Yes, Emily. I did." He smiled, then turned around waving his arms at the pack who ignored the young wolf at first but then turned their heads.

"It's not like anyone else would've helped!"

Seth shouted to the boy's outside and some were in the house.

Embry chucked a muffin at Seth who dodged it, grinning. Kim laughed, shaking her head at the rowdy boy's who always seemed to have so much energy. It landed on the counter of Sam and Emily's place, soon rolling off onto the floor, and breaking into tiny crumbs. Emily sighed, running a hand through her jet black hair, shaking her head at Embry, a slight glare forming on her face.

She grabbed a broom and dust pan from the closet, and headed over to the mess. Seth shook his head at her, taking the broom and dust pan out of her hands.

"Seth," she warned. "Emily." He mimicked. "You help way too much, unlike these animals!" Emily yelled, walking towards the table where Paul, Embry, and Quil sat. She took the muffins away from them and walked back to the kitchen, placing the food on the counter.

Suddenly, it was as if Seth couldn't hear the others talking anymore. He was bent down and could feel a pit in his stomach, like a heavy burden was lifted. He stayed bent down on the floor and stared at the muffin crumbs which were still on the ground. He heard a truck roll into the driveway. He felt his heart race. The tires hit the gravel and that was the only sound he could hear. The others were completely zoned out of his thoughts and mind.

The truck stopped and he kept his thoughts trained on it. What was happening to him? He has never felt this way before. He didn't know what was wrong with him. The ignition was still running. Seth heard voices inside of the truck.

"Charlie will come by around 3, then he'll drop you off at Alice's." He recognized that voice. It was Bella Swan's. "Yeah, sounds good." A musical voice said, ringing through his ears.

The voice sounded like wind chimes. It was so peaceful and beautiful he didn't understand why it sounded that way. "Seth," Emily said, breaking Seth out of his thoughts but not fully.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." he said quickly, sweeping up the muffin crumbs and throwing them in the garbage.

He handed the broom back to Emily, walking over and sitting at the table. "You alright, man?" Paul asked Seth, looking at him. He nodded, focusing his attention back to the conversation. "Are you sure you're okay? I would stay but-" Bella started to say.

"But you're not wanted."

The voice finished her sentence. "Exactly..." the girl sighed, taking a breath before saying goodbye to Bella. "Hey, look. Nova's here," Quil said, getting up from the chair and smirking.

"Who?" Seth questioned, looking at Paul and Embry confused. "Nova?" Seth's eyes flickered at the table, then back at Embry's. "Yeah, Bella's cousin. Charlie Swan's niece. You really don't remember her?" Paul raised an eyebrow at Seth. He shook his head, still feeling light-headed. "She's super." Paul added with a smirk. Paul winked at him. Seth shook his head again and got up to walk outside with the others. It wasn't even moments until the whole pack ran out of Sam and Emily's little red house.

-

Nova stood outside and watched as everyone ran over to her. First, Embry and Paul engulfed her in a hug, then Quil stepped in. Seth stayed behind and watched the pack hug her before he even got a chance to say hello. He could hear her heart beat, she was nervous.

"Guys, I- can't breathe-"

Nova tried making the words out, but the pack was just too strong for the girl. Paul grinned, stepping aside and looking at her. "It's good to see you guys." Nova smiled. A smile that Seth would ever forget. A smile that made his heart race.

"Seth, this is Nova." Paul said, getting a grip on Seth's shoulder and pushing him towards her. Seth's eyes widened as he hit bodies with hers. When their eyes met, his whole world stopped.

Nova felt something too, but it wasn't as strong as Seth's feelings for her right now. Nova chuckled, looking up and down at Seth. She smiled and everything fell silent. Seth felt the need to protect her, to love her, to keep her safe at night with the bad things out there. He knew what this meant. She didn't.

All Nova felt was butterflies when Seth looked at her like he'd seen the sun for the first time. Emily and Sam walked over to the group. Sam instantly knew what just happened between Seth and Nova. The rest of the pack felt it, too.

Seth Clearwater imprinted on Nova Swan.