Ch. 24: He's .... Happy?

Me and Maria arrived at the Rolchester County Juvenile Facility at 6:54. We signed in and waited for our visitor passes. Then, Fauna and Quincy walked in. "Frankie is parking. Where do we sign in?" Fauna said looking around. I pointed to the sign in clipboard. Just then Sandra walked in with Eric.

"Hey baby" Quincy greeted Sandra with a kiss. He picked her small-framed body up and spun her around. They were so cute together. They had been together since 8th grade and they're still madly in love with each other. "Guys, you gotta sign in" Fauna said while interrupting the love-fest. They released from each other's arms and looked back. They looked embarrassed. Sandra signed both their names in while Quincy stood behind her, holding her tiny waist.

Frankie walked in & fist bumped everyone, including me. He then went immediately to the sign-in book. The receptionist came back with visitor stickers. She saw how many more people had arrived and said "Oh, I'll be back with more passes". We all waited in silence. Even Quincy and Sandra.     

The receptionist came back with our passes. "Write your name in the name area and then Xavier will take you into the visiting room." She said handing Fauna the pen. We all wrote our names on our stickers and stuck them to either our shirts or pants or in Eric's case: on our foreheads. The security guard, Xavier, confirmed to see if we all had our stickers then took us  through the metal detector then to a big silver door in the back of the room. He swiped his I.D over a scanner. The door made a buzzing noise and he opened it.

We walked through the door and into a room with tables and chairs. Each corner of the ceiling had a camera attached to it. On the left side of the room was an elderly lady talking to a young inmate with tattoos down his left arm. They were holding each other's hands across the table and crying. Xavier motioned us to sit at a large table in the back of the visiting room. There were only two chairs on that side of the table. Me and Frankie sat and everyone else stood behind us. Just then Lenny walked in the room, handcuffed. Followed by an officer who was smaller than Lenny. We flagged down Lenny and he walked toward us. The guard let Lenny sit and uncuffed him. "15 minutes" the guard said while standing in the corner to our right. He immediately kissed my forehead. "No touching" the guard said to Lenny in a stern voice. Lenny cut his eyes at him and returned looking at me. He gave everyone a head nod and a smile. "So, how's everybody?" Lenny asked casually. As if he hadn't been in jail for the past 2 weeks. We all laughed at his casualness. Frankie and Fauna said "We're all good. How are you, man?" in unison. Did I mention before on how much I hate when they do that? "Shut up!" They said in unison to each other. They couldn't help it. They're twins. Their minds are synced together. Lenny let out a laugh. We could all see that he missed us. "Lenny, I have to tell you something." I said while putting my hand over his. Lenny widened his eyes, awaiting my announcement. Everyone else grew impatient. They all knew, they just wanted Lenny to know.

"I-I'm... I'm pregnant." I stammered out. Lenny gasped. My heart dropped. What if he was gonna leave me? I looked away. Afraid of his response. "Oh my god. We're having a baby. We're having a baby! Did you guys here that?! We're having a baby!" Lenny said with excitement. He was standing up now. "We're having a baby!" He yanked me up and hugged me from across the table. I could feel his excitement through the hug. He was so happy. Better than what I expected. The crew all jumped up and down. And high-fived Lenny. The mood was killed when the guard said "No touching!". We all gave him evil looks. Lenny looked at the clock. "Only five minutes. But tell me, boy or girl?" Lenny asked while grabbing my hand. The guard looked at this but completely ignored it. "I'm not sure yet, I just found out that I'm expecting" I said giving him a side smile. He shrugged. "15 minutes is over. Let's go." The guard said while yanking Lenny out of his chair. Lenny managed to kiss me goodbye in between the guard cuffing him and pushing him through the door that he came in from. I was so happy. Lenny was  happy. The crew was happy. This day couldn't get any better. Till I realized...

I still had to tell dad.