Ch. 7: Smeared Make-up

I wiped my tears, but I was still on my knees in the grass. I unlocked my phone and it was still in the messages.

He had read the messages.

I cried even more because of the thought that he didn't like me back.

I looked a mess now. Mascara and eye liner dripped down my cheeks. My eyes were red. My (before) flatironed hair was now all over the place. Why does love hurt so bad?

I walked home with my skateboard in my hand. I didn't feel like skateboarding. I was too depressed. Crying and skateboarding is not a good combination.

I got to the front of my house and walked inside. There were balloons and boxes everywhere. Being caught up in this love daze, I forgot my birthday party was Saturday. I didn't want anything big. Just some friends, music, and food. My dad understood.

I went upstairs and fell asleep. It was the best thing to do right now.

I woke up to my dad coming into the house and yelling "Liz, you home?" I got up and looked at my phone. It was 5:34 and I had 7 unread messages. How long was I asleep? I yelled out my door "yeah, dad. I'm here" I looked back at my phone and unlocked it. All 7 messages were from Fauna:

"Dude, where r u"

"Lenny left 2 c u , but we didn't hear from him after that."

"Answer me!"

"Eliza!"

"Schools gonna b over soon"

"I'm comin over. R u okay?"

"I'm on Zudiger Street. I'm 2 mins away" 

I smiled and replied "k" . I just loved how she cared so much. My dad came upstairs and into my room. He looked at my face and had a concerned look. I forgot to wipe my face off! He came in and sat at the edge of my bed. He put his hand on my shin and said "what's wrong, sweetheart?" I tried to wipe my face . "Nothing, dad. It's no biggie." I lied to him. It was something but he didn't need to be involved. He nodded and walked out. As soon as he closed the door, the doorbell rang. It must've been Fauna. I ran downstairs and opened the door. "Hey Li... What the hell is going on with your face?!" Fauna said . I laughed, grabbed her wrist and pulled her upstairs and into my room.

I sat her down and told her everything . From my makeup this morning to the mishap at the field with Lenny.

She sat there as. confused as ever.