Ch.22: Umm... Dad?

Fauna finds me on the bathroom floor. Crying my eyes out. "It's okay. You'll be fine." She says while helping me up. "No I won't! Do you know what this means? No more sushi & weed!" I said with a smile. Fauna laughed too. The only thing I could do with this was make it a joy. I don't know though. I think I am ready for a baby. Maybe this baby will make me mature. What if it's a girl? And she's beautiful? I think I'm pretty excited for this baby.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Fauna, what if it's a girl?" I asked while rubbing my non-existing belly. "She's be gorgeous." Fauna replies without looking away from the tv. We were at Fauna's house. I didn't wanna be home when my dad got home because that meant I would have to tell him. Frankie and Quincy then walked in the front door. They both held a cigarette in their hand. "Could you put those out please." Fauna said to them with frustration. "Why?" Quincy said with an attitude. "Because there's a pregnant woman in the room." Fauna replied. "You're pregnant?!" Frankie said dropping his jaw. "No, fool. Liz is." Fauna said, rolling her eyes. Quincy and Frankie turned their heads towards me. I felt my cheeks heat up. What would they say? "Congrats." Frankie said walking over towards the couch. He put out his cigarette in the ashtray. "Does Lenny know yet?" Quincy said walking towards the love seat across from us. I nodded a no. Then there was a dead silence. "I call godfather!" Frankie raised his hairy, buff arm in the air. "No you don't!" Quincy jumped up and slapped Frankie's arm. They ended up on the floor. Wrestling for no reason. Me and Faun were on the couch laughing at the two idiots on the carpet fighting over a title. Then my phone rang. I looked down. The screen read "DAD ❤️". My stomach sank to the bottom of my Jordan's. Fauna felt my tension and looked down at my phone. She looked up at me and shrugged. I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Liz, come home. I have something planned at 7."

"O-okay."

*Click*

"I gotta go." I said while grabbing my keys off the coffee table. "Where?" Fauna grabbed my arm. "Home." I said looking back. I walked out the side door and into Ricky's truck.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I walked through my front door and saw my father sitting on the couch. It was 5:13. I recalled he needed to be somewhere at 7. "Get dressed. We're going somewhere important" he said clapping his hands in a rushing manner. I wanted to tell him but I was lost for words. I ran up the stairs and into my room. I showered and put on my only formal dress. It was a thigh-length black leather fabric with black lace around the shoulders and chest area. I threw on some eyeliner and red lipstick. Unsurprisingly, I put on my low-top red converse (I told you earlier that I didn't do heels..). I put my hair in a braid, to the side. I checked myself out in the mirror then headed downstairs. It was 6:25. I would have been ready earlier if my hair wasn't so long. My dad motioned me to go out the front door. So I did. And he followed.

We got into his red ford fusion and drove off. We arrived at Dé Loungìnì. An exclusive new restaurant in town. We walked into the packed restaurant and my dad had a reservation. We were seated in the back in a booth for four. "Liz, I invited someone. Now you must stay once they arrive." He said reading through his menu. "Okay, but I have to tell you something important." I said, completely ignoring his statement. "What is it?" He asked putting down his menu. "I'm-" I was cut off by a familiar voice. "Hello!" I looked up and it was "mother". I glared at my father with an evil look in my eye. She wore a dark green fitted dress and brown open-toed heels. Her hair was in a tight bun. She looked down at me, as if she wanted me to scoot over. I remained where I was. I wasn't moving for that bitch. She slid in next to my father instead and picked up a menu. There was an awkward silence. I broke it, ofcourse. "So, why is she here?" I asked raising my eyebrow. They both looked up at me with surprised expressions. My father looked over at her and then back to me. "Well, me and your mother have decided to start over. As a couple. A new beginning." He grabbed her tiny pale hand. I was speechless. But not for long. "Are you serious? She left you when you needed her the most. She's only back because you have money. Because you have a nice car and a big house. Dad she's clearly using you." I said with a straight face and calm voice. "Eliza!" My dad said in a stern tone. But so what? All I was doing was speaking the truth. "Eliza, dear. That's not true. I'm back because I love your father. I was young before and my priorities weren't straight-" she began until I cut her off and said "Who the hell was talking to you?". She gasped and put her hand over her mouth. "Eliza, respect her. Regardless, she is your mother!" My father said while pointing his finger in my face. "I don't have a mother." I looked him straight in the eye. I knew what I said was wrong but I'd never take it back.

I got out the booth and walked into the bathroom. I pushed a waiter on my way there. I was so pissed. Why was he bringing this bitch back in our lives?

She's a worthless piece of shit.