Chapter 2: ISS

We got to ISS (In School Suspension) at 9:37. We had been lolly gagging in the hallway. But so what?

We got to detention hall and the usuals were there: Lenny, Mandy, Sandra and Quincy. Maria and Eric were suspended last Thursday because they set off 9 stink bombs in the cafeteria. A best in the record book. They come back tomorrow. The school whore, Jasmine, was in there too . She was caught sucking someone off on the side of the school. When she got caught, the boy ran away. No one ever found out who it was and Jasmine won't tell.

We sat in our original seats in the back by the "Honest is the best policy" poster. Jasmine sat 2 seats in front of me. She was putting on makeup or some shit. Some freshmen sat up front actually doing their work .

Our ISS teacher today was Mrs.Freedman . She was a middle-aged woman (about 35) she had short black and grey hair. Her dark brown eyes could stare you down into a confession. She always wore a 1 color suit. Either red, green, black, or dark blue. Maria got suspended last year for cursing her out in Spanish. It was hilarious.

After about 45 minutes we all got bored. So Frankie stared carving his name onto his desk, Fauna started falling asleep, Sandra and Quincy (the lovebirds) started making out, Mandy was messing with the freshman up front, and me and Lenny were talking about Mrs.Freedman. She was a terrible ISS teacher because she never looked up from her book and never saw anything we were doing.

After about another 15 minutes had past, Jasmine got up and interrupted me and Lenny's conversation. She left a note on Lenny's desk. She smiled at Lenny, said nothing, and returned to her seat. He opened the note and laughed. "What does it say" I asked curiously. He ignored me and continued laughing. I grabbed the note, read it, and sat there and laughed my ass off. It said exactly this:

i really like you . i wanna give you a treat ;) meet me in the bathroom in 10 minutes.

We passed the note to the others. They all read it and laughed, yelling out "Whore" "She's a slut" and stuff in that category. Jasmine seemed to not care at all. Mrs.Freedman shushed us after the endless laughing. "So you gonna let her do it?" Fauna & Frankie asked in unison. He responded with "Hell yeah!" We laughed once again but he was serious. Lenny got up and asked to go to the bathroom and Jasmine followed. And of course, Mrs.Freedman didn't care.

Fifteen minutes later, Lenny came back with a wide grin and Jasmine followed in, re-applying lipstick. We all giggled.

Finally, the lunch bell rang. Thank God.