A Peaceful Day

"Wake up, Mama!" I hear my daughter's happy voice fill my ears as she shakes me from my rest. "It's morning time!"

"I'm up. I'm up." I chuckle softly, opening my eyes to see Charlotte curled around me, her lips near my ear. I look over to Lauren who is still sleeping. "Why didn't you wake up Mom?"

"She is scary when she wakes up." Charlotte's eyes widen but the small smile that cracks on her lips shares that she is joking. I throw my blankets off me, sitting up against the headboard.

"No, she isn't. She's beautiful when she wakes up and throughout the day." I smile, turning my head to check the clock. "Charlotte, it is not morning. It's 2 am."

"It's still after midnight.." Charlotte says sheepishly, shrugging. I roll my eyes, grinning widely and wrapping my arms around her. I could care less when she wakes up because she wakes up. She's alive.

"What are you doing up this early?" I ask, holding Charlotte against my chest. She curls into a ball.

"Not sleeping." Charlotte remarks, a small smile playing on her lips.

"You goof." I laugh, ruffling her darkening hair. "What's the real reason?"

Charlotte pauses for a second, her eyes lifting to meet mine. "I missed you." She sighs, nuzzling her nose into my neck.

"I missed you, too." I grin, kissing Charlotte's head. She giggles at the act of love. "Do you want to do something fun?"

"Yes." Charlotte breathes, her eyes glowing.

"Lets wake Lauren up and go get ice cream." I whisper, lifting both eyebrows at my daughter.

"Before breakfast?" Charlotte gasps, her eyes widening.

"Before breakfast." I confirm.

"And Mom won't mind?" Charlotte seems appalled but mischief still gleams in her eyes.

"Even if Mom does mind, I can do a few things that will change that." I say simply, smirking inwardly. The innuendo flies over Charlotte's head as she happily giggles to herself.

"Can I wake Mom up?" Charlotte asks, her eyes darting over to my wife.

"Sure. But pretend you are me." I giggle, watching trouble run across Charlotte's face. "Kiss her nose."

"Okay, Mama."

Charlotte crawls over me to reach Lauren, which isn't that far of a distance. She lowers herself so she can kiss my wife's nose. The second lips touch nose, Lauren's nose crinkles cutely.

"Camz.." Lauren murmurs, rolling over so she isn't facing Charlotte and me any longer. "I'm trying to sleep."

"Well, stop trying." I say, crawling over and resting my chin on her side. She squirms under me, her body waking up.

"No, love." Lauren groans, shaking her head. "I don't want to wake up."

"You have to!" I pounce on her, laying on top of her. She groans from below me, sitting up nevertheless. I straddle her, cupping her cheek.

"Good morning." Lauren hums, gazing up into my eyes. I smile shyly.

"Hi, Lauren." I grin.

"Hi, Camila."

"Hi, Charlotte." Charlotte says softly, laying her head on Lauren's shoulder. Lauren laughs, sighing happily.

"We are going to get ice cream." I tell Lauren.

Lauren looks at the clock. "At 2 in the morning?" She asks, seemingly amused.

"When else would we get ice cream?" I ask, faking confusion.