T H R E E

She had kept her swords to her self. Putting them under the bed in the small chamber she had been provided on the ship. She had been given quick advice to stay in the cabin to keep the eyes from the men on board away from her. She wasn't scared. She should be, but she wasn't. She often thought about her mother and brothers now that she was alone with nothing but herself as company. She thought about Bran and Rickon at Winterfell - wishing her father had listened to her and had her stay at home.

She thought about her brother Robb - knowing as soon as he knew where she was he would send men or he would come himself to rescue her. Then that gave her a thought - the captain of the ship should have a crow or raven for messages - so remembering her dance master's words, "Quick like a snake. Calm as still water. Fear cuts deeper then swords. Strong as a bear. Fierce as a wolverine. Fear cuts deeper than swords."

She needed to be quick as a snake and she needed to place her fear of going away to a foreign land and her fear of what was to come to a faraway place within her mind. She opened the door to her cabin and quickly passed many halls - being smart to stay to the shadows and not be seen. The gods were watching her today as she entered the Captain's cabin alone and quickly reached for a quill and a piece of writing paper.

She was going to write to her brother and mother and send it to Riverrun. Where her mother had grown up.

She hoped that her mother received it.

Arya sat on her bed - she heard it was going to take about a month before she reached Pentos. The Queen Regent had set up a place for her to stay, until the Khal and his Khallasar could ride to greet her. At least, that was what she had heard from the Captain when he had caught her in his rooms. The captain wasn't at all scary - placing her fear where there shouldn't be any.

He had sent his bird to fly the message across the sea and into the lands of Riverrun. She hoped that the bird flew fast and soon this nightmare would be over. She took out Needle from the box underneath the bed - and took a Braavosi fighting stance this would be how she would waste her time. She would be prepared and if the Khal knew what was good for him he would fear the pointy end of her Needle.