Chapter 16

The past month and a half flew by. I only have two more weeks before I'm dead. Time is running out.

Roy has been all smiles lately It's been a very long time since I've seen him this happy, not since the Ishval war to be exact.

He's been doing his paperwork and showing up to meetings on time, which was out of his personality.

Everyone in the office was excited for the Colonel's wedding. No one in the military has gotten married since Lieutenant Colonel Hughes and the excitement was felt everywhere.

Scarlett and I have gotten to know each other pretty well in the past month and a half. She has brought me along for all of her wedding preparations and I gave my opinions when she has asked for them.

As everyone's happiness went up, mine went down since I knew in the back of my mind that Roy's single days and my days being alive, were numbered.

"Lieutenant Hawkeye?" Lieutenant Havoc asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

I jumped back into reality. "Yeah? Sorry."

"I thought you were dead." Havoc smirked, scratching his head.

"No, I'm okay."

"Alright."

Roy walked into the office. "First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye, may I speak to you privately, please."

"Yes sir" I replied, standing up and following Roy into the hall

Roy turned to face me. "Are you okay, Riza? You've seemed upset recently."

Roy only called me by my first name when he was serious. "It's nothing, sir."

"Well, I don't believe you."

"Well you should."

"Even if you were crying your eyes out, you would still try to convince me you were okay. I know you, Lieutenant."

He put his hands on my shoulders.

"I want you to remember that you are not only one of my subordinates, you're one of my best friends, Riza and I wouldn't want it any other way. I genuinely care about you and what goes on in your life."

I smiled as he pulled me into a hug "You're one of my best friends as well, sir."

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong, sir."

"Okay." He replied, still skeptical.

"We have tons of work to do, sir."

He sighed. "Yeah, I know. Let's go back."

I followed Roy into the office and not another word was spoken between us for the rest of the day.